Even though it was dark already, Veronica could easily see his red eyes and snotty nose from crying.

"Peter! I was so worried about you! Where have you gone!?" She kneeled beside him.

"It's my fault, isn't it? That you got with Caspian. It was because I yelled at you, right?" He cried out.

Veronica took him into her warm embrace. "What on earth are you saying? Nothing is going on between him and me. He...He likes someone else anyway. It was just a friendly hug that's all! He's like a brother to me," Veronica was explaining while rubbing his back.

"I'm so sorry Ronnie! I shouldn't be acting like this but it's just been really difficult. I thought I lost you and suddenly started to get angry all the time and when I got here and saw you again, the anger wouldn't go away like I thought it would. I didn't want to fight on the first night. Gosh, I'm so sorry," he burst out.

Veronica's heart skipped as she heard his words. "It's okay, it's okay," she tried comforting him. He stayed in her arms until the sun was gone behind the hills. It was quiet except for the sniffs that Peter was letting out once in a while.

"We should go, it's late." Peter pulled away. His eyes were no longer red or puffy. "Yeah, sure," Veronica answered and stood up. She offered her hand to Peter who grabbed it and stood up with her help.

"You're still in your normal clothes," Peter smiled. Veronica looked down and slapped her hand on her forehead. "Oh my god! And I wondered why everyone was giving me such weird looks all the time!" Veronica laughed. She placed her hand in Peter's and they continued to walk towards the how.

Once they were inside, everyone was most likely already asleep, or on a night lookout. Veronica changed to her nightgown and so did Peter. They fell asleep in each other's arms.

****

"Why does this happen every single time we are heading to a fight?" Veronica shouted at Peter.

They were fighting again.

"I've told you before that you're not going because I'm worried about you!" Peter yelled back. "Remember the last time we were about to do something like this?" His voice quieted down and his eyes filled with tears.

"Yeah, I do remember it, really well. But I ended up being alright, didn't I? And nothing like that ever happened again! Why do you need to bring this up years later?" Veronica was still shouting.

"Because it absolutely reminds me of the situation that's happening right now!" Peter threw his hands in the air.

"I don't have the energy to discuss this with you. I honestly have zero clue why you still have problems with me coming to a battle even tho I have the same amount of experience as you," Veronica shook her head. "Im going and there's nothing you can do about it. You're not the only leader here you know?" She added and left the room.

It didn't make sense to her. Why does he need to bring a situation from the battle against the white witch so many years later? Of course, the first time Veronica had thought she ended up with a big injury, but she turned out to be okay.

Veronica was in at least five battles since then, leading the archers with Susan, and she didn't even get a scratch. Yes, Peter had a similar conversation with her before every single one of those battles but not one was as serious as this one.

Veronica didn't feel the need to cry. She was furious but at the same time, she didn't care. She got on her armour and picked up her crossbow and arrows. Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy brought it back for her from the treasure room. She looked at herself and experienced major deja vu as she remembered the first fight she had with Peter.