Notes

Hello and welcome to Prisoner of a Contract, another Xiao x reader!

CW: This book contains descriptions of violence and blood, as well as abuse (but I try to keep this all to a minimum)

I will also put additional content warnings on chapters with these descriptions. Please don't read if you aren't comfortable doing so!!

I decided to mark this one as mature due to said descriptions of violence and some mild swearing!

In this story, reader is a sword user, and uses either cryo or geo at different points.

Reader is Zhongli's child, but please don't worry if you don't look like him! I like to think the human form we see him in is just the mortal form he wanted to take, so it makes sense that it wouldn't look exactly like you since he wants to be incognito as a mortal.

Also, you're supposed to look more like your mother in this story, who will have the same hair color, eye color, and skin color as you!

This is an enemies to lovers between reader and Xiao, and it's also my first time really writing enemies to lovers since I'm not usually fond of it as a trope. I tried to make it enjoyable whether you like the trope or not though!

This story takes place before and during the Liyue Archon quest, so spoilers for that!

It was also written before Fontaine came out for future reference, in case future updates make it less accurate.

As always, this book will update every Friday and Saturday!

No sexual themes!

Please be kind in the comments!

With that, please enjoy the story! <3