Don't Touch That 'dile

Start from the beginning

"Two? But..." Ember looked at the clock in the Pokémon Centre, "It's already three-thirty." She said.

"Might as well sit down." Mairin sat down on one of the benches.

"Do you think something might have happened at the lab?" Cilan pondered.

"Maybe we should head over there." Ember suggested.

"Good idea." Zoey agreed.

=================

When they got to the lab, there were police cars and Officer Jenny was checking the lab.

"I wonder what's going on here." Mairin pondered.

The gang ran up to Officer Jenny.

"What's going on, Officer Jenny?" Ember asked.

"Some thieves broke into Prof Elm's lab." Officer Jenny replied.

The gang gasped at that.

"Officer Jenny, can we please go inside? We do need to see Prof. Elm." Ember requested.

"Well, you can go in if you need to see him." Officer Jenny allowed.

"Thank you." Ember thanked her and then she and the others headed into the lab.

=============

The gang finally arrived inside the lab. Ember noticed Prof. Elm who was sitting near a very angry Nurse Joy. Even though Prof. Elm was a researcher, he looked more like a scientist.

"Excuse me, Prof. Elm?" Ember asked.

Prof. Elm and Nurse Joy turned to the gang.

"Oh yes, I am. Who are you?" Prof. Elm asked.

"I'm Ember Kukui. You met my parents and I once. Professor Kukui and Professor Burnet?" Ember said.

"Oh yes! I remember! You and your parents came here to study a little on Johto Region Pokémon." Prof. Elm realized.

"I'm glad you remembered." Ember smiled.

"I don't mean to be rude, but could you tell us what happened here?" Alain asked.

"It's all my fault." Prof. Elm admitted.

"What's all your fault?" Ember asked, already knowing what it was.

"I was doing some research and didn't realize what was happening in my lab, until Nurse Joy came up." Prof. Elm stated.

"Has something happened here, Nurse Joy?" Mairin asked.

"Yes, something has happened," Nurse Joy replied, "a Pokémon was stolen from here."

"A stolen Pokémon?!" The group gasped.

=============

Everyone outside at a stage near the lab.

Officer Jenny explained everything. "The Pokémon that the thieves took was a starter Pokémon, which was supposed to be given to a new trainer tomorrow." she said.

"I do hope that Totodile is okay." Nurse Joy prayed.

"Totodile is one of Johto's starter Pokémon, right?" Ember asked.

"That's correct. You see, I'm supposed to give this Totodile and this Cyndaquil to two new Pokémon trainers tomorrow." Professor Elm explained and in his arm is the Johto Region Fire Starter.

The gang noticed the Pokémon in Professor Elm's arms.

"Cute~ It's a Cyndaquil." Ember smiled.

"Cynda Cynda Cynda!" The Pokémon back was blazing in flames all the sudden.