Chapter 2

"Our story should start with the Lady's unusual birth and upbringing. She was technically a daughter of Zeus and a mortal woman named Semele, the Princess of Thebes. Hera, once again betrayed by her husband, decided to go about killing the mistress a different way. She disguised herself as an old woman and spoke to Semele.

Through this process, she learned that she was with child. And the child of Zeus, no less. Resorting to trickery in the cruelest manner, Hera suggested to Semele that she ask for proof that the father of her child is truly Zeus. Semele took her at her word, and did so when next they met. Zeus reluctantly complied, and rid himself of his mortal disguise. However, this killed the pregnant Semele.

The fetus had been unharmed, thankfully, due to it being half-god itself. They sewed the not yet born demigod into Zeus's leg so it could finish growing until it was born. And it was. The now young god was our Lady Dionysus. She had been slated to become the next leader of the Gods, for a reason unknown. Hera was displeased by this, and fed the baby Dionysus to the Titans.

Luckily, Athena was able to save her heart. They sewed the heart back into Zeus's leg, and allowed her to regrow. This time, they decided to hide her from Hera, and handed her to the people she would be safest with. The rulers of the underworld, Hades and Persephone, whom the Lady herself considers her true parents, though that may not technically be the case.

So, she grew up in the underworld, knowing her origins fully well. Eventually, the King and Queen of Hades allowed her to explore the surface world, and observe life. She was carefully watched by Pan and Demeter during this time. It was also during this time that she had given Midas his golden touch for helping Pan, though it was temporary.

Some time later, Hestia, Goddess of the Hearthfire, wished to give up her position, and decided to train the next guardian of the Hearthfire in her stead. Dionysus was chosen by Zeus, and encouraged by Persephone and Hades, to be Hestia's replacement..."

█▓▒▒░░░Let's go back in time a bit...░░░▒▒▓█

Young Dionysus walked through the halls of Olympus, following Hestia. She admired the building's structure, Hestia's personal wing of Olympus. There was plenty of plantlife, some overgrowth, even. Small animals freely roamed the halls, ensuring not to get in any passerby's way.