Ch.19 Make a splash

Start from the beginning

"Just so you know, Mrs. Dempsey," Mila suddenly spoke up and turned to face Mona as the woman placed her hand on her door handle. "Nothing is going on between Archer and me. I just....I was helping him yesterday because of the storm and I guess I fell asleep and he didn't wake me."

Mona simply smiled and nodded. Her brown eyes, the same ones as Archer's, looked unconvinced. There was a hint of mischievousness in them and Mila immediately knew Archer had gotten the same spark from his mother.

"Everyone will be up for breakfast soon," Mona said. "Why don't you go get ready?"

Flustered and nervous about what the woman was thinking, Mila stood in the hall like a statue. She watched Mona walk into Archer's room and shut the door behind her as her chest tightened and her cheeks warmed.

Red kitty cat, Archer's voice mocked her in her thoughts.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid," Mila groaned quietly as she turned and marched off towards her room.

Pulling out the pleats and meticulously removing all the pins, Mila threw her saree onto the back of her vanity chair before grabbing some fresh towels and stepping into the shower. She avoided looking at her reflection in the mirror as she tilted her head towards the water and let it beat against her skin. Mila took slow deep breaths to calm herself but nothing seemed to be working as the water running down her body reminded her of Archer's hands.

Timidly, Mila pulled her hand down from her hair and slid it down her chest. She opened her eyes and looked down at her naked form as she ran her fingers over her belly and waist, right where Archer had caressed her. Mila's heart began to beat in her ears as she bit down on her bottom lip and moved her hands toward her legs. Under the waterfall, she shut her eyes and imagined Archer's scent as her fingers reached the spot throbbing between her legs.

Bellissima...

Mila's lips parted in a silent gasp as she pushed a finger inside of herself. She couldn't stop thinking about the way Archer's breath had tickled her skin as he held her the night before on his lap. His hand moved up her chest, pulling her closer, whispering her name...

Mila moved her fingers until all the memories became too much to bare and she couldn't keep quiet anymore. The shower drowned out her soft moan as she felt her body explode into sweet pain and take off the ground like a rocket. Squeezing her thighs together, Mila tried to hold onto the feeling as long as she could before her senses began to descend into her body once more.

Winded, Mila leaned back against the shower wall to catch her breath and pushed her wet hair out of her face. She began to smile and then blush as she thought about what she just did. But the moment was short-lived as Archer's face came into her memory and danced behind her closed eyes. That arrogant face, that cocky smile, those beautiful eyes...

"Shit!" Mila threw her hand over her mouth.

Embarrassment poured over her like the cold water in the shower as she felt her heart shiver. As she stood under the rushing shower, Mila's mind was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. She desperately tried to push away any thought of Archer, hoping to drown her growing feelings in the water that cascaded around her. She couldn't be crushing on him, she told herself firmly, her chest aching with an unexplainable longing.

Her frustration boiled over, and she stomped her feet, almost as if trying to shake off these emotions. Water splashed everywhere. She tried to list all of Archer's flaws to remind herself why he was not the right person for her.

He's rude, arrogant, and unromantic, she muttered to herself. An asshole with no appreciation for culture and is reckless. He's also uninterested in you, and not to mention shallow!