5 | space girl {fem!itafushi}

𝖘𝖕𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑

A/N: This AU will not leave me, I love them so much. The high school romance I never had ngl. Ft. : another gay song title.

This one similar to the other two parts is fluffy and somewhat all over the place, but I hope you enjoy it. One day I'll write Itafushi which *isn't* genderbent. I just think Megumi and Yuuji would be super cute as girls and no one talks about it, so if I have to be the sole contributor then I will!

No Curses AU/Genderbend! Itafushi

Megumi's Birthday

Yuuji had to find out from Nobara.

"So Yuuji," She hits the table, in this excited, attention-grabbing sort of way. Yuuji gives her full attention,  "What are you doing for Megumi's birthday?"

Her mind goes blank. What.

The next thing her mind goes over is, How did I not know? How did this not come up before? Did I even ask? But what kind of friend doesn't think to ask something like that? She must be some kind of selfish asshole.

Nobara brought this up, casually as if Yuuji already knew, as if she was already planning what to do, or what to get her.

"Uh based on your reaction...I'm guessing you didn't know," Nobara observes, scratching her head as if to say, this is awkward.

"No!" Yuuji snaps, then hurriedly asks, "How did you even know anyway?"

How did you know and I didn't?!

No way Megumi told Nobara and not her. She absolutely refused to believe that.

"Maki told me." She says, and Yuuji finds that answer only a little relieving. At least she's thinking about how two weeks is a lot better than finding out two days before.

It's sort of lucky Megumi was absent today because if she had been here then Nobara likely wouldn't have brought this up today then Yuuji would have never known.

"I can't believe you didn't know," Nobara's tone still in disbelief, Yuuji feels worse with every second. This feels like taunting, "You guys are always together, so I assumed you knew already."

She doesn't even have the energy to be upset at Nobara for this since she's too busy hating herself for not knowing when Nobara did. Did she not even ask Megumi when her birthday was? Maybe she did? Did she forget? Wasn't that worse if she simply forgot?

When Yuuji doesn't respond, Nobara tries to help her frozen state.

"C'mon, it's not your fault, Megumi always keeps big details to herself. She probably won't even mention it til the day of, if at all. Maki only told me since she thought I didn't know."

Maki and Megumi are cousins, but the two are so different in terms of personality, and appearance. Not to mention they also have different last names. So it's a little hard to remember they're even related.