Chapter 15

"I love it here."

It had been a few hours after the incident with the thugs, and after the fact Miles had found her. She was eternally grateful, but Miles said he was just repaying the favor. After all, she did save his life.

But James. He saved her. Of course, Gwen never told this to Miles. She didn't want him getting jealous or anything, so she kept her mouth shut. But again, why? Yes, James clearly recognized her somehow, but why save her? Wouldn't it just be easier to let the thugs kill her? And to think he was dumb enough to ask her to join him. He was desperate. But, there was a sneaking suspicion that that was her last chance. Now, he seemed more pissed than ever, and she might be thee first target.

After everything, Miles brought her to a rooftop. He said it was one he hung out on at home to think. They sat there for a moment before Miles said, "I love this place." Gwen was going to say, "and I love you," but that would be really corny.

Wait, what?, Gwen thought. Why did she think that? Her and Miles were just friends. Her brain was playing tricks on her surely, right? I mean, she was over a year older than him, that would be weird.

Gwen realized she had just been silent, so she said, "Yeah, I can see why."

They watched the sun rise above the city horizon, and it really was pretty. They turned to each other, and they looked into each other's eyes.

Gwen's emotions overtook her, and the next thing she knew she was pulling closer to Miles face. Miles got closer too, and then...

Gwen felt a sharp pain shoot through her body. The pain lasted for a moment, and then lingered after it was over. She recognized the pain instantly, and figured out she was glitching. After it was over, she looked back at Miles, and he was scrunched on the ground in pain just like her.

After it was all over, Miles cleared his throat, and Gwen realized they almost kissed. She cleared her throat too, wanting to change the subject.

"We... uhm... we should try and stop that atom fuser before we glitch out of existence, huh?" Gwen said, praying he wouldn't bring up the kiss.

"Yeah, uhm... your right." Miles agreed awkwardly.

They both got up and leapt off of the rooftop. As Gwen was swinging, one thought raced through her mind:

Is this love?

Author's note: HA! You really thought you would get a kissing scene? You wish! Okay, sorry, that was a bit mean. Sorry for the shorter chapter this time, but I wanted to push the story along. I am officially back from band camp. I might make a post talking about it later. If you liked the chapter, feel free to vote and comment. Love you guys to the moon and back, and I'll see you in the next one!