chapter thirty-seven

charles slid open the bathroom door to find his girlfriend mid makeup application, sliding eyeliner onto her top waterline.

"juli, help me?" he walked up to her, holding his shirt open in front of her.

today was the day victoria had finally convinced juliet and charles to join her and lando on a double date. in no fault of her own, victoria had let lando pick the place so the quartet would now be spending their evening at a random steak house and top golf. typical lando.

charles was excited; he could finally bring together the people he loved most. plus, he always loved hanging out with lando.

so he stood in front of juliet in his light blue dress shirt, fidgeting with the buttons. she quickly grabbed the fabric of the shirt and started latching the buttons together for him, soon enough having it all set. his silver chain peeked out of the shirt as he leaned over the counter and grabbed his rings and bracelets.

"how much more time do you need?" he looked at juliet as he slid on his jewelry.

"um..." juliet glanced up at herself in the mirror and down to the makeup spread out on the counter. "just gotta do mascara and lip gloss, so five minutes?"

"what if i help?" he reached over, picking up the tube of what he thought was mascara.

he curiously twisted the tube open and pulled out the wand, and juliet couldn't help but laugh. "what? you wanna put on more concealer?"

"non," charles' eyes widened, "i thought this was the mascara!" he twisted the tube closed, placing it down and grabbing the tube juliet passed him.

"okay, so you open it up..." juliet guided at him, laughing at his puzzled expression as he opened the tube and saw the mascara wand. "and then you brush it over my eyelashes. like this," she pulled the wand out of his hand and showed him on her lashes.

"i don't want to do it anymore!" his face gaped at the application of the mascara.

"why not?"

"cherie, i'm gonna poke you in the eye," he said softly, looking in her eyes.

"it's okay, i trust you," she grinned and gave him back the mascara wand.

charles stepped closer to juliet and placed his left hand on her shoulder for support. "okay, i'm gonna put it on you now..." he mumbled, gripping the tube and pulling it up to her eyes.

he made contact with her eyelashes and flinched. juliet tried not to blink as he brushed the mascara on, and he was doing a decent job. she just looked straight at him, watching as his tongue stuck out in focus.

after a few minutes, he stepped back and put the wand back in the tube, looking at juliet. "that was the hardest thing i've ever done."

"you did good!" juliet leaned closer to the mirror, examining what he'd done. she grabbed the tube from him and just added some more, as she could tell he'd gotten alarmed and stopped after the bare minimum.

"alright," she picked up her lip gloss and looked at charles, "allez. vic's gonna be mad that we're late."

the couple grabbed their phones and juliet's purse and were quickly out the door. charles clicked his car key to open the doors to his ferrari, and they both hopped in.

he started the engine and juliet plugged her phone into the aux cord, pressing play on her everyday playlist for them to listen to.

after driving for a couple minutes, juliet grinned and started bopping her head as adore you by harry styles blasted through the speakers.