chapter thirty-four

juliet had never been scared of her older brother. to her, he was just pierre. he never hurt her, made her feel embarrassed, or fought with her like siblings usually did.

but today, she was terrified. today, she and charles were finally going to tell him about them. if anything, she was more scared of what pierre was going to do to charles when he found out.

yes, charles and pierre were the media image of two best friends, and juliet loved their bromance. she just didn't want to be the one to split them up.

juliet sat in the lobby waiting for charles. they had decided to talk to pierre in his hotel after he got back from a team lunch.

"hey, you ready?" charles walked up to the couch she was sitting on. "i just saw pyry bring him up to his room."

"yeah, let's go."

the couple rode the elevator up to pierre's floor and walked over to his room. juliet knocked on the door and awaited a reply.

"une seconde!" she heard him shout from the other side, followed by loud footsteps and the sound of the door unlocking.

"you have a key, no?" pierre instinctively said at the sight of juliet, not even noticing charles there.

"we have to talk to you," juliet replied, walking into the hotel room and grabbing charles' hand to lead him with her.

"actually, i have to talk to you," he walked over to the room's desk, leaning against it and crossing his arms on his chest.

"okay...you can go first," juliet hummed, sitting on the edge of the bed in front of him with charles.

"where did you two go the other night?" he questioned the pair.

"we didn't go out?" charles defended quickly, but juliet slapped him on the shoulder. now was not the time to lie to him.

"i saw you getting out of your car. a ferrari," pierre added, staring at charles.

"we went out for dinner with his family." she finally just spit out.

obviously pierre hadn't caught on just yet. "why would you go out for dinner with the leclercs?"

juliet took a deep breath and decided to just tell him straight up. "because charles is my boyfriend and he wanted me to meet his mom and brothers."

pierre stood frozen for a few seconds. juliet didn't know what to think, she simply flickered her gaze from charles to pierre. pierre was glaring at the monégasque.

"i knew it, y'know?" he finally spoke. "since the day of 'tonio's engagement party. and funeral."

"mate, are you mad?" charles asked.

"i've got to go...i have a date." pierre leaned back up, standing flat on his feet. he grabbed a jacket and walked right out the door, leaving the couple inside.

"pierre! pierre!" juliet jumped up to catch him, but he was already gone. "merde!" she ran back into the room and crashed onto the bed, slamming it with her fist.

when she looked back up, charles was running out of the room.

he bolted down the hallway and tried to catch him in the elevator. when he saw it closing, he too slammed his fist on the wall. he spotted the stairs and ran down them quickly.

reaching the lobby, charles whipped open the door and found pierre near the hotel entrance.

"mate! wait, pierre!" he shouted, but pierre ignored him. he ran up to him and grabbed him by the shoulder, turning him around to face him.

"just let me explain, please," charles pleaded.

pierre looked at him for a few seconds before replying. "really? my little sister?"

"i didn't mean for it to happen. she's the one who actually said she liked me first," charles explained.

"i'm not surprised...we're alike in that sense."

"look, mate, i love her. and she loves me back. i promise i'm not gonna take her away from you. i'd never do that," charles added.

pierre looked at him after he spoke and just pictured it. this was the man his little sister loved. part of him wanted to punch him in the face. but the other part knew that charles was the best man he knew.

nobody was better for his sister, and suddenly that realization came to him. it would be okay.

"fine. just, don't do gross things in front of me. please. i can't handle that."

"okay," charles chuckled, "we're good?"

"oui, mate...we're good."

— notes!this is so shit but hi!

notes!
this is so shit but hi!