25: Misfortune upon the Zen'in siblings

Start from the beginning

Your head was quick to whip over. "Kamo woman?"

Naoya grinned, it was menacing and evil and you felt nothing but revulsion. "So that's all it took to get you to break character? Don't tell me you actually like the guy. What a fool."

"What are you talking about?" Your voice was quiet yet firm, smooth with anger laced through it. He said nothing, only shrugged without a care, leaving you even more anxious. Furious, just about as mad as Naoya himself. Why would he worry you like this? Insult you in your own home. "You have not treated me this badly in a long time."

"Yeah, you deserve it after having your entire life handed to you, you know," he said bitterly, "you got set up with a daimyo and are gonna live happily ever after. Or are you?"

You were livid.

"I am, thank you."

"I hope you don't, and I hope that child of yours is the unluckiest of them all."

Your heart stopped for a moment. Wishing bad on you was one thing, but how evil could Naoya be to wish it on a child?

"I have never hated anyone the way I hate you. I pity that poor woman that has to marry you, and I wish you nothing but misfortune."

"Yeah, yeah."

"I fucking. Hate you."

"Awh, princess y/n finally speaking her mind!"

And it was then that you stood up from the bench and walked down the path. Your mind was running, chest heaving with nervousness and fury all at once, and you could practically hear the rage of Naoya from behind you. Kamo woman, he said. Who the hell was that?

Another woman held your husband's heart?

However, you were trained well, smoothing your expression down the closer you neared to the group. Satoru's lilting voice rang in your ears and before you knew it, Naoya's voice was too: Kamo woman, Kamo woman. He's going to forget about you the moment that Kamo woman--

"Gojo-sensei, what's our record now?"

Kugisaki snapped you out of your trance.

"Ten to nothing!" Satoru laughed.

Kamo woman.

Kugisaki frowned with a small glare. She crossed her arms as the man across from her looked down with a smile at the shoji board. Itadori was laughing quietly beside a rather mellow Jun, but he perked up when he saw you coming down.

"y/n-san!"

"Wife!" Satoru followed suit with a wide, toothy grin, reaching up to wrap his hand around your hip from his spot on the ground. "We missed you." His touch suddenly felt foreign. You felt the sting of anxiety running up your stomach, his voice unappealing at the moment.

"I was not gone for that long," you chuckled, "what are you all up to?"

"Just playing shoji--"

"Getting our asses kicked."

"Shut up, Itadori!" Kugisaki snapped at the boy. He only shrugged, effectively ignoring her anger. "Gojo has future daimyo things to do later on, I suppose."

"Oh, like what?" you questioned quietly. You heard no answer.

Is he writing to her?

And when you looked down at your husband, as much as you hated to admit it, Satoru was living up to his small cat persona: a quiet smile paired with soft white hair falling over his eyes. But you were always able to see them. With his hand still hanging off one hip and his head leaning on the other as he looked up, you swore you could see the stars in his eyes.