𝟏𝟒𝟏𝟎𝟒𝟓

──── RAY ────

"Hey, Ray!" Emma shouted, glancing back at me, "Come here!" Obediently, I scurried towards her. 

      "Yeah, what?" I asked. Yeah, why would Miss Sparkles and Rainbows wanna talk with me? That thought made my cheeks flush red. Emma just stared at the ground, as if the thought made her embarrassed as well. But, something was wrong, like a sudden dullness in her glowing face. 

      "Uh, well... Norman, I think you should explain..." Emma bit her lip as Norman shuffled towards her putting his hand on her shoulder. I rolled my eyes. Suck up. 

      "Mama Isabella said something to me after our daily test. You remember when my scores started dropping?" I nodded and Norman continued explaining, "Well, she said that it was good for her to see me improving. She said my life depended on it..." Norman stared me straight in the eyes, his piercing blue eyes drifting into my gaze. For a second I blushed but I shook my head as if to get my thoughts straight. 

      "Wait... that means..." I started, my voice trailing off into my thoughts. Emma burst out with tears as she slowly nodded and bit her lip. I stayed silent, my black fringe covering one of my eyes as if depression hadn't done enough to me. 

      "Yeah, which is why I'm heading towards the library to find answers," Norman replied quietly, rushing away just as soon as he said it. Emma slowly lumbered after him and I just sat there, pondering what happened. 

      What would Mother Isabella really be saying? I don't get it... If our life depends on it then, the obvious solution would be that we get good scores. But that just seems rigged. Mother never cared about how smart we were... unless it isn't Mother deciding what happens to us. As if she's not the head, more like the second in command or even an employee. That's it!!

      With my newfound solution, I ran toward them with excitement. Maybe for once, I'll contribute to something in my life. "Emma! Norman! I think I know something!!" Emma turned around in seconds but Norman was a little hesitant. He still doesn't trust me, does he? Huh. "Well, you know how we'd die if we don't get a good score? Y'know how Mother never cared about how smart we were? Either she's been lying our whole life or she's not the one who decides our future. It isn't her that will kill us, like she doesn't want us to die but she just doesn't have a choice." I explained thoroughly. Emma nodded along with me but Norman stared at the ground. 

      "But... what if it isn't death at all? But.. argh, I dunno. You're probably right, Ray."

     "WHAT IF WE'RE GETTING HUNTED BY DEMONS!!" Emma blurted. Norman and I stared at her with utter confusion. Emma shrugged but her eyes stayed wide and her breath shaky. You know what... anything could be possible.

──── <3 ────

HEHEHE, SMART EMMA. ANYWAYS, NEXT CHAPTER IS EMMAS POV AND IM SUPER EXCITED FOR IT CUZ I FINALLY HAVE ACTUAL IDEAS FOR IT!! <33 ANYWAYS, HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING YESTERDAY, I WAS BUSY ;-; </3

ANWAYS, UDIHSKJDHSKJH HAVE A NICE LIFE LIL' DONUTS !!

vote, comment & share !! <33

©thatonegaydonut2023