𝟏𝟐𝟏𝟎𝟒𝟓

───── RAY ──────

"Hi, Ray!" Emma's subtle yet energetic voice jolted me away from my daydreaming. She could be annoying sometimes, especially when I'm thinking about the scientific properties of resin. But... I dunno, she's still... Emma, in a sense? I think I'm becoming illogical. Huh. 

      "Yeah, well, if you want me to be your friend, I wouldn't scaring me half to death!" I growled at her, tension grabbing my throat. Somehow, Emma began to smile more than before. 

      "Well, we're already friends, aren't we?" She laughed and took the seat next to me, "By the way, Norman's coming in a bit. Overslept, quite unlike him, don't you think?" She laughed and tilted her head childishly. I snorted and crossed my arms. Emma, Emma, Emma, sometimes you're just too oblivious. 

      "Emma, it's obvious he likes you," I too do... I think. I smirked as she tilted her head in worry but then, just as if she flushed the thoughts down her own imaginary toilet, she nodded her head, vibrant bits of orange flinging everywhere. 

      "Of course he likes me. We're friends, if he doesn't, then I'd be questioning our friendship," She giggled and thanked Mother Isabella as she handed out breakfast. I stared out into the window, questioning my use of words. 

      Emma is way too oblivious. I shoulda just used the word, "love." My stomach felt sick as I thought the word as if that word still wasn't apparent to me. As if jealousy was rising through it. In seconds, Norman rushed into the room, still looking like his clean self although I could detect he had a rough night. "Get enough sleep?" I asked him as he helped himself next to Emma. 

      He froze to the spot when I questioned him, red flushing cheeks with embarrassment. Huh. I thought. "Uh... sort of had a nightmare. But I'm fine, I had an okay night. Why?" Emma's eyes widened with curiosity.

      "You look a bit tired, that's all." I answered, fiddling around with my fork and spoon. 

      "OOOOH, WHAT WAS THE NIGHTMARE ABOUT!?" Emma whisper-shouted, her voice trembling with excitement, "I love nightmares, except when they get reeeallllyyy scary, like if I realise my whole family is dying and it's all my fault. That's a bit too scary but being hunted by... let's say, demons is okay. The thrill of adventure." She winked and I groaned. 

      "Uh... I don't think I want to share it..."Norman sputtered, rubbing the back of his neck. He eyed me cautiously, a disappointed glint in his eye. Emma shrugged and dug into her food.

      It was about me... wasn't it? I had no intention of saying it aloud. It would only make the tension worse. Norman and I both played around with our food, frustration digging into our skin.

───── <3 ───── 

DHKJSHDKJHDKSJDHKSJH, I LOVED WRITING IN RAYS POV, I THINK I MADE NORMANS POV A BIT TOO EVIL- I SHOULD MAKE HIM A LIL' BIT NICER CUZ I DONT THINK HE'S ACTUALLY THAT MEAN- ANYWAYS, TYSMM FOR READY, YA'LL THE BEST <33

vote, comment & share <33

( remember, art isn't mine !! )

©thatonegaydonut2023