𝟏𝟒𝟏𝟎𝟒𝟓

──── EMMA ────

EARLIER THAT SAME DAY

Sharp arms gripped me, cold fingers dug into my skin. My bones ached and pain gnawed at my stomach as I clutched it. Violent thrashing opened my eyes with a jolt. I gasped. My pupils dilated and shook. My heart pounded inside my chest until it flooded all my senses. What is that? I managed to think. 

      Blood. That was the first thing I saw. Blood dripped from its head, eyeballs popped out of their sockets to reveal dark, bloody intestines. Its face was oddly shaped, large teeth like fangs poking out of its face in several angles were submerged in blood, trickling down. Its eyes glowed a menacing red, horns bulged out of its scarred head. A putrid stench seemed to drift across the landscape, dominating it. 

      "HELP ME!!" You scream, your voice entwined with agony. But one thing caught your attention. A boy, possibly the age of 11 or 12, was hanged from a claw. White hair was stained scarlet at the tips. Norman. Claws dug deeper into his clothes and blood oozed out. "Arghh!" He screamed with agony like her spirit was taken away from him but his eyes remained shut.

      Norman, no... Desperation masked my usually confident face. I winced, claws dug deep into my chest, and grunts and murmurs echoed around the room, along with occasional growls. Pain ran through your veins as the beasts dropped you on the blood-stained ground as they aggressively shoved Norman and I towards an opening.

      The beasts dropped you and you landed in a cave full of dripstones. Liquid dripped on my head as I lunged for Norman. "Norman, please, wake up!!" I scream, my bright green eyes distraught with desperation. "PLEASE! WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!" Soft groans escaped his mouth but he didn't wake up. Darkness blanketed my surroundings, grasping all my hope and consuming it. Suddenly, plants lit up, illuminating the cave. Moss, leaves, and vines draped over the ceiling as if glowworms. Bugs scuttled around, glowing like fireflies in the night.  "Woah..." My voice echoed around the cave. I shook my head and slapped my cheek, "Stop it, Emma. Focus. Norman, remember?" I reminded myself. 

      Slow coughs came from his mouth. Blood. Bloody coughs. "Norman, please!" His skyblue eyes fluttered open as he stared at me dreamily. 

      "Emma..." He whispered. "Hey."

      "OH MY GOSH, NORMAN! THANK GOD! WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!" Frantically, I tore my gaze away from him and scoured the walls, looking for an exit path.

      "Where's here?"

      Now that I think about it. "I don't know," I stared at the walls, magical. "But... It may look magical but if monsters carried us here, I don't think this is a good place." I conclude. Norman nods confidently but there was a glint of pain in his eye. He winced, shuddering and clutching his stomach. 

      "Emma, we're going to be alright. You know that?" He stared at me reassuringly and I tried to take deep breaths and nodded. Yeah, we'll be safe. 

      A figure emerged from absolutely nowhere. Mist. Smoke. Slick black hair covering one of his glinting eyes. "EMMA!! NORMAN!! HOLD UP!! I'M COMING!!" He ran towards us, determination spread across his face. And in seconds. Blood. It happened too fast. A monster. A demon. Sharp claws. Piercing through his heart. It just happened. No time to think.

      My eyes popped open, heavy breathing drowning out all other sounds. The subtle breathing of my friends next to me. In bed. Not in an enchanted forest being hunted by demons. Stupid dreams. 

──── <3 ────

JKHSKJDHSKJDH I MADE THIS 601 WORDS!! BE PROUD LOLOL. NOW YOU UNDERSTAND HER SUDDEN OUTBURST ABOUT: "WHAT IF WE'RE BEING HUNTED BY DEMONS" LOLOL. ANYWAYS, HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE CHAPTER, I CANT MAKE CHAPTERS SUPER LONG, BUT I CAN MAKE THE STORY DRAG ON FOREVER LOL XD i never start off with an actual plan, i just write as i go XDD

- emma <3

vote, comment & share !!

©thatonegaydonut2023