Pushing daisies

Summary: Can't say how or when but you developed a silent bond between the two kitchen brothers and sometimes you question if you know more about them or if they know more about you.

Warning: Stalking, sudden disappearances, missing people flyers, age gap and long

You met the two on a quick snack run for yourself and your little brother who sat in the car around the time "Okay bud wait here" your eight-year-old brother rolls his eyes at you "I'm not five". "Yep, but you still sleep with a nightlight" before a baseball cap clapped you square in the face you shut the car door and stuck your tongue out at him.

You hip hopped to the 7/11 store and with a ding the bell door gave you away "hey Mason!" The store clerk shook his head "every game you two arrive" you hum and make a little blub noise. "Every season and every game" Mason chuckle and start restocking newspapers and candy bars "I might change things up". Mason nods as you walk to the slushie machine "Oh really so are you going to lay off the hot dogs" you scoff and pluck a medium cup "You wish!".

You swayed a little to the music in the background and humming the tune to yourself in the corner "Hello how may I help you?" Mason addresses the strangers who entered. They don't say a word, instead they spared him a look and made their way to the chips "rude" you mutter. 

With a whistle you held two slushies and made a bee line to the hot dogs "Hey Mason what's this?" you gesture to a magazine "Oh...I don't really know? take a look and I'll be right with you" Mason walks off to the rear end of the store. "Now what are you?" a magazine...and a missing person photo "Damien cliffs last seen at S.t Patrick Park" you recognized him as the kid you tutored. 

You felt dread overwhelm you, the kid you once tutored and friends with your little brother is missing "No suspects, no witnesses and no specific time of disappearance". You haven't noticed the two strangers eyeing you and your loot "isn't he the kid you tutored" you nod and frown. "He wasn't so much of a talker but he was a mini little genius" Mason hum to the two strangers who stood a few feet behind you.

"Oh, sorry" you move out the way while pinching for a handful of candy bars "Oh is that what you meant by changing things up" you puff your cheeks at Mason. "Don't start, you still owe me twenty bucks from that one time" all of a sudden, a honk came from outside. 

"Oh, C'mon Oliver can't he wait for one minute" Mason shook his head "Welp can't blame him hunger changes people" you stick your tongue out at your impatient brother. "Now I'm going to take my time" you stuck your nose in the air as Mason chuckles "Oh, I forgot how's your son". Mason makes a grumbling noise for he knew you were trying to distract yourself from the missing child you knew.      

"First year of high school, he is a bit nervous but besides that he's doing well" you bob on the heel of your feet "Nice...four hot dogs please and I'll like a paper bag please! and thank". Once again, a honk came from your vehicle which made you click your tongue "C'mon Oliver it's getting old". You sat your items down on the counter in annoyance and with a huff. 

A ding of a bell and in came your worst nightmare in a shape of a retard who doesn't know a thing called soap "Rooster how are you? I haven't seen you since our disagreement". The man grabs a fistful of your jacket "You know I was right; you cheated my son out of a win!" you roll your eyes "Now, now baseball is...welp baseball. You know what that is No? I don't want to hurt that pretty little brain of yours". 

You found yourself in a pickle quickly once you met a display of some sorts "ah shit" you're up and stare at the fuming bull...will you don't really say you see him as a bull more like a small squealing pig. You made yourself laugh a little at your mental images of a pig snout and tailed man in front of you "What are you laughing at!".