Eclipse couldn't follow the threads - if that was the dragon he mourned, how did he get killed by NightWings if he was captured by SkyWings? If he hated them so much how could he also be noticing how gently Moon held the scavenger, or how Eclipse's wings twitched nervously towards her sister and how their tails were twined together comfortingly. 

Moon closed her talons around the scavenger tighter and brought her wings forward to wrap around it protectively.  

"Hey, calm down, all right?" A SandWing shoved his way through the watching dragons and stepped between the two, pushing the IceWing back. This was the dragon she had seen in the hall just outside Moon's cave. 

"No one is getting sliced up and melted or frozen and snapped apart," he said to both of them before turning to face the IceWing. "What is wrong with you? Did you even try asking nicely?" he turned back to the sisters. "Hey. I'm the idiot clawmate, although most dragons call me Qibli. My intimidating acquaintance here is Winter. What's your name?"

Eclipse swallowed and nervously glanced behind Qibli. Winter was half glaring at her but his mind was buzzing with nerves. 

Qibli had a gold earring in one ear with a warm orange amber teardrop hanging from it. A few dark brown freckles stood out on his nose, which also bore a small zigzagging scar; the rest of him was a light sandy color. His poisonous barbed tail was tucked neatly into a tight spiral, like Ostrich would do. Although, it kept twitching in Winter's direction.

He looked like a normal SandWing, but he didn't think like one - or like any dragon she'd met before. Brushing against Qibli's mind was like stepping into a speeding river. He was almost unconsciously scanning the cave as he spoke to her, assessing threats and deciding which dragons were the most dangerous. (She was high on that list while her sister wasn't even on it). While he was focusing on defusing Winter's tension and negotiating with Eclipse and Moon, he was also checking escape routes and noting who wore the most jewelry. A small part of his brain was even clocking a chicken in his peripheral vision that he thought might scurry close enough for him to catch. 

Reading his mind was exhausting.   

"Eclipse." she answered, she relaxed her wings back and tilted her neck to look at Moon. Winter huffed and Qibli shot him a look. 

"Moon," her sister managed to whisper. 

"Moon what?" the IceWing snapped. 

Eclipse tensed as he stepped forward, her wings twitching up again. Qibli noticed. She wished he would stop noticing things about her.

The scavenger was squirming, his fear now having streaks of confusion in it, which seemed to be worsening Moon's headache as well. She wondered if Moon would dare double over in front of all these dragons. 

Maybe they'll fight! 

I wonder what scavengers taste like! 

Why isn't she saying anything? 

I can't believe she took his scavenger! 

I bet if he freezes her and snaps off any limbs he'll totally get expelled. 

Roared the crowd's minds. The blistering headache was now attacking her temples and she was frowning in pain. Which the SandWing noticed.

"Moon what?" Winter nearly shouted, Eclipse jumped and lashed her tail, opening her wings a bit more to shield Moon incase he used any forceful measures. "Come on, NightWing. We all know your names are all lies. So what's yours? Moondestroyer? Mooneater? Mooncrusher?"

"Winter, you need to seriously cool down!" Qibli yelled. He shot a grin at Moon and Eclipse. "Get it? Because he's an IceWing? I know I'm hilarious."

"Hysterical." Eclipse dead-pinned, which gained her some respect from the IceWing and Qibli made a note to tease her more, wondering if that would make her like him.