Chapter 3

I was in utter shock still processing what happened.

Lucius randomly walked up and said we were going to the Halloween Ball together, as I'd already established. Surely he had some sort of motive for this-?

Emily was shopping for Halloween costumes with you as she said, "so when did he ask you?"

"Just then- in the dining hall..." I said still stunned.

"What? So you mean he just decided to take you not even ask." She said surprised as she handed you some costumes to try on.

I nodded as I went to get changed. Edward was waiting outside for us and said, "well I mean- at least he takes initiative unlike someone in relationships..."

I glare at him and say, "quiet- and we aren't dating!"

"You know you're going to be wanted dead for stealing him from the girls." Emily says as she admires my costume.

I sigh and walk back in the changing room getting into my normal clothes saying, "all the sytherin's hate me as it is, to be honest it wouldn't change much."

Emily shrugged and said, "hey won't Adrian be-"

Edward covered Emily's mouth before she could finish as I stood there pale from hearing the name.

Adrian

Hearing that name sent a whiplash of memories you had long shut yourself from. Edward bursted through the changing room door seeing you pale and breathing quickly.

He held you close and whispered, "hey shhhh it's ok, it'll be ok."

"Wh-what if Lucius does the same thing-" I whispered in between breaths.

"Then I'll kill him." Edward said whispering softly, "you're ok though, I'm here and so is Emily, if you see that whore of a man you twirl around and show him how much he missed out on."

Emily sighed and hugged you as well cursing herself under her breath for mentioning even the name.

"Maybe I shouldn't go...." I said softly, "I mean I didn't even want to go in the first pla-"

"Woah Woah Woah! Hey no! You promised sexy Lucius you were going with him!" Edward said, "and you can't let some man who was last years problem to affect you this year. Your hotter, better, and over it so walk in there with your head up high and shake your ass on that dance floor."

I laughed softly wiping a few tears that had shed as Edward and Emily cheered me up.

After some time I was in the library my mind was a haze- typically I could focus even during serious matters like deaths but today was off. Today I just couldn't sit still and finish one sentence to read.

"Fuck what is wrong with me..." I murmured to myself.

"A lot but I won't divulge."

I look up and see "Prince Charming himself" Lucius Malfoy leaning up against one of the bookshelves watching me from the shadows.

"Can I help you?" I ask looking up at him.

"Yes we need to practice." He said sternly walking over his eyes never leaving yours.

"Practice for....?" I say confused as I shut my book looking up at him.

"The Halloween ball." He said folding his arms as he scanned me, "and last I checked, your dancing at the Yule ball last year was not exactly the good kind of memorable."

I scoff and say mockingly, "well I'm sorry prince Malfoy that some of us can't afford our private dance tutors."

He rolled his eyes and said, "this matters more than the Yule ball and you know it."