Chapter Ten | A club

Start from the beginning

"I don't even know half of them. People just showed up, and Oliver shouted it's my birthday. So." I shrug, and she laughs.

"I see. Well, I got you something." She places a gift bag on my lap and smiles. "Open it."

"Now?" I raise my eyebrow at her, and she nods, smiling at me.

"Yes, now. I want to know if I got it right. If not, I'll drag your ass to the closest store to get you something." She threatens. And to be honest, I would let her drag my ass to hell and back if I got to see that smile on her face every day.

"Okay." I open the bag and look up at her. "But you know, I still enjoy my birthday gift from a few years ago."

"You still play the game?" She asks, surprised.

"Yup," I say, and she looks completely shocked.

In 2019, Josephine insisted that she wanted to get me something for my birthday, and I stupidly told her that I was playing The Sims 4, which my sister bought for our ps4. So she decided to buy me an expansion pack. And for the next six months, until we stopped talking to each other, we kept buying DLC for the game and shared our game account. Josephine would do live streams on Twitch for me to watch her play in her bedroom like a true gamer. I wasn't doing live streams or stuff like that; I used Zoom. After we stopped talking, I stopped playing and gave the game to my sister. In 2021, I got sick; I was on medical leave for a few months, and I started playing the game again on my ps4 when I was bored. I bought the new DLC and spent my afternoons like that.

"I missed watching you play and set people on fire." She smiles at me and looks around.

"I have a sim named after Lily, and let me tell you, I always torture her whenever she crosses my path." She starts to giggle, and I can't help myself from not laughing. How the fuck I stay out of contact with her for two fucking years?

"Stop it. I told you to ignore her." She slaps my shoulder.

"Do you want something to drink?"

"Um, sure. Do they have wine?" She looks at the drinks menu.

"I'm sure they have. If not, maybe you can get a Cosmo or Mojito." I say, looking at the menu as well.

"Nah, I think I'll have sex on the beach." She looks at me. "Open your gift."

"Yes, ma'am." I open the gift bag and take out what she got me by placing them on the bar. "You got me office supplies?" I laugh.

"Yeah." She looks at me, biting her lip. "Do you like it?"

 "Do you like it?"

"I love it." I kiss her cheek. "Thank you." I look at the notebook she got me and smile. "I'm going to use this one even tho it's too cool to ruin it when my stupid scribbling."

"It's not stupid. It's good to have a journal."

"Yeah. I call it a complaint journal. I already have 14 journals completed." She wraps her arms around my neck and smiles.