I pushed aside the gift and the people’s expectations.

“By the way, when will the hunting ground be established?”

Cisen replied.

“They say it’ll be over soon. Your Majesty should be able to visit it in three days or so?”

I nodded my head at her words.

No matter how much I crammed for a month, it’d be difficult to win a fair match against the Jacques’ mother and son. Even if I developed physical strength, visual acuity, and muscle strength, the overwhelming gap must be widened unconditionally in terms of information that certainly could give me an edge. While I aggressively chewed the chicken breast salad I requested for a snack, I decided to ask Duchess Nerma to wield a dagger to show me.

As I paid attention to the body trajectory that Raniero had taught earlier, I looked forward to being able to read the daggers’ trajectory.

Of course, nothing so wonderful happened.

——

“When I look at you…”

The dark blue-edged dagger fell helplessly to the floor.

…How many times have I died from this? Thousand times? Two thousand times…?

“I feel skeptical about the brains of human beings.”

Raniero’s arms wrapped around my waist tightly as if to crush it.

To borrow his words, it meant that there was no improvement in my dull body and head even after several days. No matter how much I heard his words nagging me, I unconditionally lay flat and believed his claim that fermented soybean lump can be made from red beans*.
[ T/N: It’s an idiom which means ‘to blindly believe what someone says.’ ]

However, rebelliousness began to grow in my heart which was determined to agree fiercely.

‘Your Majesty, who’s telling me that I am not improving, doesn’t seem to have much ability to teach as well!’

“…Should I develop my running skills? So that I can run away well.”

“Well.”
[ T/N: In this chapter, Raniero says ‘well,’ a couple of times, although the meaning is more sarcastic since the word he used was “잘도.” ]

Scoffing, Raniero then kicked a dagger into the air with the tip of his toes.

Hiik.

I didn’t dare to catch it.

At my reaction, he dropped the dagger and gave me a faint chuckle as I quickly picked it up.

“Let’s go see the hunting ground.”

It was what I was hoping for.

I put a dagger around my waist and swiftly picked up my bow. Since I didn’t get to shoot even an arrow today, I’d need to make time to practice in the evening separately.

‘Geniuses have no talent for teaching, but Raniero…’

I took a peek at his side as he strode with long legs like a deer while I sprinted to match his stride.

‘…He’s strangely helpful.’

He pointed out unnecessary movements well and scolded me about them. Besides, I was the type of person who wouldn’t get hurt easily even if I got scolded, so Raniero’s words weren’t a problem—only the content was what mattered.

I wanted him to show me how to shoot a bow today…

Still, he would then correct my posture with harsh words such as, ‘Is your neck made of a piece of wood?’ and ‘Are you unable to focus your eyes properly?’