Revelations

Oliver had brought Professor McGonagall, rushing alongside her as they made their way back to where Henry stood, cradling Hermione's petrified form in his arms. Together, they carefully maneuvered Hermione onto a stretcher, their movements cautious yet swift.

"What happened?" Professor McGonagall inquired.

"We don't know. We just found her like this," Henry responded, trying to remain calm.

Professor McGonagall's brows furrowed as she assessed the severity of the situation. Her lips formed a thin line, her thoughts racing behind her stern exterior.

"We will do everything we can for her," she assured Oliver. "The hospital wing is the best place for her right now."

Oliver's panic deepened, his voice trembling with fear as he posed the question that consumed his thoughts. "Is she going to be okay?" he asked.

"Like I said, we will do everything we can for her." However, McGonagall's words failed to bring the reassurance Oliver desperately sought, causing a surge of anguish to swell within him.

As Hermione's motionless body was gently laid on a bed in the hospital wing, Oliver's hands trembled as he reached for hers. Grasping her cold hand, he held onto it tightly, his touch hoping to infuse warmth and strength back into her fragile form.

"Can I speak with you privately, Henry?" McGonagall asked.

Henry nodded silently. He trailed behind McGonagall as they stepped just outside the entrance to the hospital wing, seeking a secluded spot to have their conversation.

Meanwhile, Oliver remained steadfast, never once releasing his grip on Hermione's delicate hand. His eyes remained unwavering, fixed solely on her motionless form. The weight of their dire circumstances settled heavily upon him.

"Hermione... I don't know if you can hear me, but I want you to know that I'm right here with you. I'm going to find out who did this to you, and I promise you, they won't get away with it. You're strong, the strongest person I know. I know you'll make a full recovery" Oliver declared. His eyes locked onto Hermione's pale face, longing for the moment when her vibrant spirit would return.

Slowly rising from the chair, Oliver took a deep breath, summoning the strength needed to fulfill his promise. He took a few determined steps towards the exit of the hospital wing, intending to start his quest for answers and justice. But as he reached the threshold, doubt crept into his mind, causing him to abruptly halt in his tracks.

A tender gaze shifted back to Hermione, and Oliver realized that this moment could be more than just the start of an investigation. It was an opportunity to express a long-kept secret, a confession he had yet to share.

Oliver knelt by Hermione's side, his heart heavy with love and trepidation. With a gentle touch, he brushed a strand of hair away from her face, his fingers lingering on her cheek.

"Hermione," he began, his voice trembling slightly. "I can't believe we're here, in this moment. It feels like a million years ago when we first met, and well... we weren't exactly friends back then."

He paused, remembering the fierce debates and arguments they had shared. "I know I was really stubborn and annoying, always trying to prove myself right. And, well, you were too."

Oliver let out a soft chuckle, a hint of nostalgia in his voice. "But then, something changed. Somewhere along the way, we realized that we didn't have to be enemies. We found common ground, and I discovered that there was so much more to you than meets the eye."

He smiled, thinking back to their adventure at the carnival. "And Hermione, that day at the carnival, it was magical. We laughed, we shared cotton candy, and we rode the Ferris wheel."

"I remember that moment at the top of the Ferris wheel. We were so close, and for a second, it felt like time had stopped. I wanted to kiss you, Hermione. I really did. But I didn't. I was scared, and I didn't know if you felt the same way."

"I wish I had been braver, but I wasn't. And I've regretted it ever since. But you know what, Hermione? Even though we didn't kiss, that day was still special. It showed me that there's something between us, something worth fighting for."

Oliver took a deep breath, his voice growing stronger with determination. "I want you to know that even though you're petrified right now, my feelings for you haven't changed. They've only grown stronger. You're my friend, Hermione, and you mean everything to me."

His voice quivered slightly, the weight of his words hanging in the air. "I'll do whatever it takes to bring you back, Hermione. I'll find a way to break the curse, to restore you to the brilliant, fierce, and amazing person that you are. And when we're together again, I promise, I won't hold back. I won't let my fear stop me. I'll tell you how I feel, just like I promised I would."

Oliver reached out and brushed a gentle finger along Hermione's stony cheek. "Please come back to me, Hermione. I miss you. I miss your voice, your laughter, and your brilliant mind. I'll wait for you, no matter how long it takes. Because you're worth it."

Just then, Oliver noticed something clutched tightly in Hermione's hand. Intrigued, he carefully picked it up and began to read the paper. It was a detailed set of instructions on how to access the Chamber of Secrets.

"Hermione, you're brilliant!" Oliver exclaimed.

As he continued reading, his heart sank. A hand suddenly touched his shoulder, causing him to startle. Oliver quickly turned around, only to find Henry standing there, a panicked look on his face.

"Isabella is down in the Chamber of Secrets!" Henry cried out, his voice trembling with fear.

Oliver's eyes widened with a mixture of shock and disbelief. "WHAT?!" he exclaimed, his mind racing to comprehend the gravity of the situation.

"Apparently, whatever is behind these petrifications has taken Isabella," Henry explained.

"We have to go get her," Oliver said, getting up from beside Hermione and swiftly leaving the hospital wing.

"How? We don't even know where the Chamber is," Henry said, hurrying to catch up with Oliver's determined stride.

"We do now," Oliver replied,