The Diary

Oliver was sitting in the courtyard, relishing the tranquility of the beautiful day. The gentle breeze rustled through the leaves of the trees, a soothing melody that matched Oliver's peaceful state of mind. Lost in his thoughts, he looked up and noticed Isabella slowly making her way towards him. A smile illuminated his face as he rose to his feet, ready to greet her.

However, as Isabella drew closer, it became apparent that something was amiss. She seemed completely oblivious to Oliver's presence and crashed directly into him, jolting them both.

"Woah, slow down there, speedy," Oliver exclaimed, trying to steady himself and help Isabella regain her balance.

Isabella lifted her gaze, meeting Oliver's concerned eyes, but remained strangely silent. Her bloodshot eyes and heavy bags beneath them were evidence of her exhaustion, and it was clear that something was weighing heavily on her.

"Are you okay?" Oliver asked, his voice filled with genuine concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Isabella replied hastily, in a dismissive manner that failed to convince Oliver.

As Isabella turned around and briskly started walking away, Oliver's confusion deepened. His curiosity got the best of him as he noticed a book that Isabella must have accidentally dropped during their collision. Without hesitation, he bent down and picked it up.

"Property of Tom Riddle," Oliver read the inscription to himself, his brow furrowing in curiosity. The name stirred something within him, a faint recognition that he couldn't quite place. His mind raced, trying to recall where he had heard it before.

Oliver decided to keep the Diary so he could give it back to Isabella the next time he saw her.

The next day, Oliver found himself engrossed in a heated game of wizard's chess with Ron when Hermione came running up to them, her face filled with concern.

"Oliver, your room has been completely trashed!" she exclaimed, gesturing wildly with her arms.

Surprised and worried, Oliver hastily abandoned the chessboard and followed Hermione to his room, his mind racing with questions. Who would have done something like this?

As he entered the room, Oliver's heart sank. Books were strewn across the floor, clothes were tossed haphazardly, and even his prized possessions seemed to have suffered from the turmoil. His room, once a sanctuary, now resembled a battlefield of disorder.

"What happened here?" Oliver questioned, his voice laced with both shock and frustration.

"I have no idea," Hermione replied.

Oliver bent down and shifted through the books scattered on the ground, desperately searching for the diary he had obtained from Isabella. However, to his dismay, it seemed to have vanished without a trace.

"The diary is gone," Oliver exclaimed.

"What diary?" Hermione inquired.

"The diary I picked up from my sister just yesterday," Oliver responded.

Hermione's eyes widened as she pieced together the puzzle. "Whoever did this must be a Gryffindor. They are the only ones who know the password."

"No, it must have been this guy, Tom Riddle. That was the name on the diary. Isabella had it, and maybe Tom wanted it back," Oliver explained, connecting the dots as his mind raced with possibilities.

"Oliver, that's impossible. Tom Riddle is dead," Hermione stated.