Chapter 4

Samantha Leona Celestino
"Sam, how are you? Missed you so much!"

Alexis said and hugged me tightly. I was waiting for him patiently inside this convenient store. He just got out of the hospital but he looked like he never got there, I can read in his eyes but I know there's still pain in it. I bought him ice cream and sat in the bleachers nearby as we discussed about something that shook me.

"Well, Sam, I just met the person I'll get married with." Alexis sighed, hoping this would be his escape from the pain he got after confessing to this new friend of ours, Jayson, the biggest jerk at school. What did he even see in him?

"What?!" I stood up in shock. What if mukhang basagulero yung asawa niya? I can't even, ugh! "Siguraduhin mo lang na matino yang mapapangasawa mo or else, makakapatay ako."

"Girl, chill." Alexis chuckled. "He's sweet naman, e. He's also handsome. About that time, I completely forgot about Jayson's rejection and I feel like I was over the moon realizing that Jayson is a jerk."

"Pake ko kung gwapo siya?" I rolled my eyes. "Wala akong tiwala sa mga lalaking ganyan, sa una lang naman sila magaling, e. Pag nakuha na nila yung gusto nilang makuha sayo, wala na, aalis na sila't iiwan ka."

"Ay teh, wala akong pake." Alexis laughed out loud after telling me he doesn't care that made me hit him in his arm.

"How are you sure he's a good guy?" I asked for assurance, I just wanted to protect him.

"He's the same age as we are, the way he talks casually and the way he helps his Mom," he described but I still felt so unsure.

That's what my last relationship showed me before he broke my heart.

Hopefully, Alexis wouldn't experience this kind of thing. I don't want to be hurt.

"Sam, nga pala," he called me and I immediately turned to him. "After school, I'll fly to Spain and we'll get married there. Immediately."

"What?!" I said in shock. "Aba, Lex, hindi ka man lang binigyan ng oras ng family mo para makasama man lang kami bago ka umalis ng bansa?!"

"I want to but I can't," he sighed.

"No offense but your parents are the biggest jerk in the world for forcing you to something you don't really want to do." I shook my head in disbelief.

"Hey, Sam!" I turned to someone who called me. It was Jayson.. with another guy. Who is this person? Do I know hin? I probably don't.

"This is Gavin, my childhood friend of mine." he introduced this guy beside him. Tang ina, ilang taon na ba to? Mukhang hindi namin kasing-edad, e. He look two years older than us.

"Hi, I'm Gavin. I'm new to your school, I'm currently Grade 10 at the moment and I hope hindi maging sagabal itong age gap natin para maging friends." he smiled.

Oh my god! I knew it! Two years older sya kaysa saming tatlo nila Jayson.

"You're Alexis, right?" he turned to Alexis who's eating his ice cream quietly. "The one who confessed to Jayson? What did you even see in him?"

After Gavin said that, he looked at Jayson and started checking his face, looking for something attractive but it seems like he found nothing. The three of us laughed at Jayson as he started frowning. I looked at Alexis who's laughing as well and I felt relieved, finally I can see this smile of him again after the mess and pressure his parents put him to.

"Oh, hey Nicole!" I waved my hands as soon as I noticed Nicole walking quietly so I walked towards her.

"Uhm, hey." she waved her hands quietly.

"Come here with us, I'll introduce you to my friends!" I held her hand and dragged her with me to the bleachers where we were seating.

"Uhh Sam, nakakahiya." she felt unsure about coming along with me.

"Don't be shy," I smiled. "Guys, this is Nicole, the one I protected from her bullies." I introduced to the gang proudly.

"Hey, Nicole." Alexis smiled and waved his hands. "It's okay, don't be shy. We don't bite!"

"Uhm, hi!" Nicole smiled as well, now I can fully read her using her eyes. She's not shy anymore and that's great!

"This is Jayson and this is Gavin." I introduced the two morons proudly and they waved their hands at Nicole.

"I'll go buy ice cream for the two of us." Jayson excused himself. "Gusto mo ba, Nicole? Libre ko."

"Nah, I'm good-" Nicole said and Jayson suddenly spoke.

"Okay, gusto mo nga. Bro, samahan mo nga ako!" Jayson cut her off that made Nicole laugh and he left the three of us alongside Gavin.

"Boys, really." I shook my head slowly as they left.

"Oh wait, my Mom's calling." Alexis pointed at his vibrating phone. "Nice to meet you, Nics! Welcome to the gang! Be right back!"

Alexis ran away from us and quickly answered his phone. Good thing malapit lang siya sa amin at nababasa ko kung ano ang nasa isip niya. Mabilis lang basahin si Alexis, e. Madali mong masisiguro na hindi siya maayos. I see him from a distance that he seems upset. After his stressful conversation with his mom, he walked towards us with a fake smile plastered in his face like nothing happened. He's too suspicious for doing this, though.

"Everything fine?" I asked as soon as he got here with us.

He nodded and the boys came with three ice creams with them in a plastic bag while both of them are eating their own ice cream as they walk towards us, may pinag-uusapan yata silang dalawa. He offered us the ice cream and I took the chocolate one. Nicole took the cookies and cream flavor and Alexis took the vanilla flavor.

I glanced at Alexis eating his ice cream and I see that he's fine now. Ice creams are his comfort food. After a while, it's getting dark and we decided to go home. Ako ang nahuling umuwi dahil may pinabili sakin si Daddy. Just as I was walking quietly to the convenience store, I bumped into someone in the glass door. That manly smell again!

I looked at the person I bumped with and it was none other than.. Kai?! What the hell is he doing here?! I quickly stepped aside and he did the same.

"Mauna ka na, Kai." I offered.

"Ladies first." Kai said in a sharp tone. "So you go first,"

"Uhm, okay?" I found it weird so I just entered the convenience store and looked for the facial mask my father asked me to buy. Babayaran niya naman ng doble sa presyo yung product pag binigay ko na sa kanya.

"Be careful, Sam." Kai waved goodbye as he called me after he payed at the cashier and left the store.

Why is my heart fluttering?

Sam, control yourself!

Sasaktan ka lang niya!

I called Dad to pick me up after I payed at the cashier. I sent him the location of the convenience store where I was and minutes later, he was outside, waiting for me. I rode in his tricycle and on our way home, my heart doesn't stop pounding fast since that moment Kai and I bumped into each other in that glass door.

Shit.

Am I... falling for him?

No, this can't be.

Boys sucks pero bakit pag siya... I look like I was willing to love him?

Fuck.

I'm losing my mind, oh my god.