Partie 25

One minute it's Hakimi's chuckling face, next minute and empty wall.

A faint burn comes from my leg with a thick bandage around it. There were multiple other bandages around my arms and hands too but worst of all I was hooked up to one of them machine things that had the weird pulsating lines. I scanned around the room effortlessly with a stiff expression. I look beside me and a peaceful view of the sunset reveals to me. Everything feels blurry. My body feels like static.

"Are you ok Y/n?" A voice is heard from beside me

I look down beside me slowly and it was indeed Achraf Hakimi. He looked exhausted and overtired. I look at him then look back down to my feet.

"Why are you not with Kylian?"

"He just went into surgery. Otherwise, I would be."

"He's still alive?"

"Of course he is. I told you so, Kylian is a tough man. I've never seen anyone as strong as him and I've been in this business longer than he has."

Hmm...a strong man huh..

"Hakimi. I wanna go for a walk."

"Y/n I don't think that's a good idea."

"I want to go for a walk."

"You can go on a walk if you can stand up."

I look at him with low eyebrows then slide my legs out of the covers. I place my feet on the floor and jump out of my bed but instantly gravity keeps me closer than ever. I crash onto the floor knees first then my palms follow.

"You really think after losing the amount of blood you did, you'd be fine to walk. Not to mention the drug intake." Hakimi waffles while helping me up.

"Whatever can you get me a wheelchair or something?"

"You sure?" He sits me back.

"Yes."

He walks out then comes back with what I asked for. He helps me into the chair then we are off.

"Anywhere particular?"

"Anywhere outside."

After a few moment we arrive in a nice garden. It looks like a memorial garden or a place to pray really. Hakimi parks me up next to a bench and he takes a seat.

"It's so beautiful here." I say

"Yeah truly is a place of ease."

I look around admiring the flowers and colours when one particular woman captures my eye. She stood there in a mix of fear and excitement. What is her deal? She starts approaching me but as she gets closer, her face becomes of one I used to know.

"Mai-sey!?" I say with a crack in my voice

"Y/n!?" She runs toward me.

Hakimi shoots up from his seat standing in front of her.

"She's a friend Hakimi! It's fine!" He looks back at me moving away.

I push myself up and out my seat, holding onto her. I can't believe this. This is fate.

"How- when- why- how is this...possible!?" I stutter

"I could ask you the same thing! but...your injuries look...fresh." She says pulling away.

"Yeah...you look amazing and new though." She had a large scar just under her collarbone region, hidden by her hospital clothes.

"Oh my goodness! Y/n it's so good to see you alive! A lot of people didn't make it...I think we're so lucky!"