Chapter 2

A tall male with slicked back silver hair burst through the Akatsuki base door. "HELLO MOTHERFUCKERS!!" He screamed. "Shut up!" Sasori hissed rocking the sleeping child moodily, he was stuck babysitting because everyone one else was out and no-one trusted Zetsu, the plant-man, with her. "What is that?" Hidan, the silver-haired man, asked tilting his head. "It's a baby dumbass" Sasori growled, glaring at the loud idiot.

"Oh~ whose is it?" Hidan asked. "Her father is-" Sasori was cut off by Kisame, a tall blue man with deep navy hair and fish-like features, walking through the door. "Huh? A baby?" Kisame asked spotting the little orange head in Sasori's arms. "Yep. Here you go" Sasori said handing Mei over to the blue man. "W-why're you giving her to me!?" Kisame asked. "Because she's yours" Sasori said leaving the room.

Kisame stared at Mei for a while, who had woken up and started giggling and cooing up at the blue man. Kisame wiggled a long pointer finger at her and Mei grabbed onto it putting it right next her eye and expecting it. Kisame smiled, sat down and started playing with his orange haired daughter.

~

Konan burst through the door, to make sure Mei was still in one piece and well, human. She had developed some form of attachment to the girl in an insanely short amount of time. She found Mei asleep in Kisame's arms, her thumb in her mouth and a hand wrapped tightly around a long finger. Kisame had looked up and glared at her when she had burst through the door, causing Mei to stir slightly. Kisame started rocking his child back to sleep as Konan crept through the room, trying not to wake her. She bumped into Sasori as she walked into the kitchen.

"How long has he been back?" Konan asked. "Two hours, Mei fell asleep half an hour ago" Sasori replied. "He took being a dad well?" She asked. Sasori nodded, smirking slightly "like a duck takes to water". "As long as Mei gets treated well" she heard Sasori mutter before leaving the room. 'It seems as though he does care' she thought watching the redhead turn a corner.

~Four mouths later.

Mei was sitting on the floor of Kakuzu personal office in the Akatsuki base in the Wind Country. Kakuzu was babysitting while looking through, and finalising, blueprints to the Tea Country's base; as it had been recently destroyed. Mei was near silent, chomping on a cool green teething ring, only occasionally making a small gurgle. This was something many of the men in the self-proclaimed 'Akatsuki' liked about the child, she was quiet if she wasn't in some form of childish distress and it kept the base peaceful not having a crybaby wondering around all the time.

Kakuzu, on the other hand, was irritated, the plans were all messed up and he didn't know how or why they had gotten to their current state. His Tendrils picked up the large blueprint in front of him and ripped in two. Soft, bell-like laughter was greeted by the noise. Kakuzu spun around and looked at Mei, who still had her teething ring in her mouth, and was waving her arms at him.

He plucked the blue paper from his black Tendrils and ripped it into quarters. Mei's eyes lit up with happiness and she giggled louder. Kakuzu let a small grin become lost in his black mask and continued ripping the paper, causing Mei to giggle louder and louder. She had crawled over to his leg by now and was wiggling her fingers.

Kakuzu sighed and picked her up placing her on his knee. Mei picked up a torn piece of blue print and ripped it. Even Kakuzu was laughing at this point. They continued ripping paper, completely unaware of the growing mess around them.

Downstairs, Konan heard a sequel of laughter and followed the sound. She followed it to the door of Kakuzu's office. She put an ear to the heavy wooden door and heard hearty laughter, much too deep from Mei's twinkle of a laugh. Konan jolted slightly as she realised who was laughing.

Konan had to suppress a giggle, Mei had succeed in making the unfeeling Kakuzu do something as human as laugh. Konan fixed a disapproving look on her face and opened the door. Noticing the small piles of blue consortium paper that had been torn to shreds.

"What's going on in here?" Konan asked, shocked slightly at all the mess, Kakuzu never had a messy work place. "Nothing" Kakazu said, the happy twinkle in his sea green eyes disappearing.

"How are the plans for the Tea Base going?" Konan asked, trying the changing the subject knowing that she wasn't going to get an answer from him. "My thoughts are rather shredded" Kakuzu responded calmly. Konan stopped and blinked at his response. 'A pun?' Konan thought.

"A-and your thoughts on the budget?" Konan's asked waiting for a normal answer from the stitched man. Kakuzu suppressed a chuckle as he noticed that he had unnerved the bluette.

"Split down the middle" Kakuzu said, a grin disappearing into his face-mask. Konan meekly walked over to the pair and picked up Mei. "You should finish your work. I'll take Mei for now" Konan said, rather shaken. She left the room with Kakuzu sighing slightly.

He looked over the room full of shredded paper. "Right. The mess" he sighed standing up and gathering the shredded paper in his Tendrils.