𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝟎.𝟏

𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐘𝐀𝐑𝐃. 𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐊𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍'𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐀 𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐘.

"What the hell did you do!" I yell at Fiona as a blonde woman who's carrying a baby chases her with a bat. I grab the bat and grab the woman by her arm.

"Let me go!" She yells, "You slut!" she yells after Fiona.

"I know how to shoot a gun." I threaten her. Her eyes widen and I push her away, but make sure to not touch the child.

I make a detour as I see Fiona run for Karen's house and I climb over the Gallagher's fence. The van is in their backyard and Lip's sitting in the back.
I wave to him and he smiles before opening the trunk so I can climb in.

"Hey." He says and takes his shirt off, "Weren't you going to Karen's?"

"Yeah, but plans changed." I tell him, "It's hot."

I lay down beside him and rest my head on his bare chest. He holds my hand and I let out a sigh.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing." I tell him, "You know I've been applying to colleges."

"This early?" He asks confused, "It's summer!"

"Yeah, but it's senior year." I say and tell him, "I got accepted into an Ivy."

Why had I told him that? Now I'm freaking out. He could either be happy or mad. Why would he be mad though? I'm way too confused.

"Really?" He asks with a smile. He sits up and pulls me into a hug, "Which one?"

"Princeton." I tell him. Yes, that was in New Jersey, but I wasn't staying in Illinois my whole life.

"Oh, that's great!" He says. I noticed his smile drop a little though. We would be long distance.

"I know it's far, but I could always take senior year." I tell him.

I had the option to skip a grade and go straight to college because I was the top of our school. I don't know how that happened, but my whole family was super smart. Jackie was ecstatic and rushed to tell Kev and V when he found out I got into an Ivy League.

"Well, I should get to Karen's house." I say and climb out the door.

I make my way to her house and I get there quickly. She had recently gotten engaged and we're walking down the street together.

"You're marrying a man you just met!" I exclaim shocked.

"Yeah, but he's cool." She says, "And he's not addicted to having sex."

"You could do so much better though." I tell her, "He's thirty and doesn't have a job."

She smiles and laughs. She says, "Well not everyone can date Lip Gallagher. I mean he's a genius that's going to make six figures and you're going to an Ivy League!"

How did she find that out? You know what, I'm going to ignore that.

"I told everyone I'm not staying in Southside my whole life." I remind her, "Nobody should be surprised."

"Didn't Jackie drop out of Yale?" She asks curiously.

"Yeah, why?"

"He's hot." She tells me. I choke on nothing and laugh.

"He's 25!" I exclaim, "And he's my brother!"

"That doesn't stop Fiona from giving him eyes." She says.

I scoff and kick a rock in front of me. I tie my hair up into a ponytail and we walk a couple feet in silence. She was right. Fiona had liked him before, but they were teenagers.

They had both just gone through break ups and Jackie took it pretty hard. I wasn't sure about Fiona, but I think they should both swear off dating for a while.

"We should go crash Jody and Lip at the Alibi." I suggest. Lip tells me everything so I'm sure he wouldn't mind us crashing it.

We make our way to the Alibi and once we get there I notice Jody sitting alone. I sit down to meet him and Karen goes to find Lip.

𝐊𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐏𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐘.

"Give him back his wallet asshole." She says and reaches for the phone that's behind his back.

"What?" He asks pretending to be confused.

"Give it back."

"You're so much better than him." Lip says and pushes her against the wall. He presses his lips against hers and she kisses back.

He moves his hand up her shirt and she pushes him away from her.

"I can't hurt Reese." She says and walks towards the door.

"Don't tell her!" Lip says. What had he done? Why had he kissed her!

I see Karen walk out of the bathroom with Lip following behind her.

"Hey, let's go." She says, "Let's go watch that movie that Ian offered."

Lip crosses his arms and looks down ashamed.

"What happened?" I ask confused. Before I get an answer Karen pulls me out of the bar.