𝐫𝐞𝐝

𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘.

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐍𝐔𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘.

𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐈𝐕𝐘 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐆𝐔𝐄𝐒, 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑.

𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐍 𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐔𝐏 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐎 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐆𝐎?

When my brother was eight our parents sent him away. He ended up moving to Southside Chicago. Although my parents cut contact they still let me see him.

I was five when he moved out originally. He had moved in with our aunt after getting into a fight at school. I remember going to Jackie's house one day and I saw a boy with dirty blonde hair sitting on the sidewalk trying to fix his bike. The ground was covered in snow and he didn't own a pair of gloves.

Jackie had gotten me a bike for my birthday. It stayed at at his house so I wouldn't get in trouble with my parents if I got hurt while riding it. I begged my brother to let me give my bike to the boy, but he finally caved in after I pulled out my fake crying skills.

That boy turned out to be Lip Gallagher. He was my best friend, but after I moved in with Jackie we've been attached to the hips. Or at least that's what Fiona says.

My parents tried sending me off to live with my other older brother and his family, but Jackie quickly got custody over me and has been my legal guardian for three years. Why you may ask did my parents want to send me away?

When I was thirteen my parents thought I was acting different. They took me to a therapist and I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder, anxiety, and adhd. Some how my mother hadn't told my father that mental health issues run in her family.

My aunt was a therapist, but Jackie had his own struggles with depression. He said he would be able to help me. And that's one of the reasons that I'm now running down the Gallagher's stairs.

"Who took the hair gel!" Fiona shouts after seeing my frizzy curls.

Carl throws her a bottle of gel and she pulls me over to the kitchen sink. She turns the faucet on and sticks my head underneath it to soak my hair. She quickly scrunches the water out of my hair with a t-shirt that she found on the counter and then puts a handful of gel in my hair.

"Don't get me wrong. Reese I think you're amazing, but when are you going home?" Carl asks as Fiona takes his stained shirt off and flips it inside out.

"Come on! She got her last night." Lip argues with his little brother.

"Is Jackie having an episode again?" Ian asks curiously and hands Debby a piece of paper, "I have a field trip. I need Dad's signature."