1: Chapter 70

"Why am I blushing?" This is weird," he thought, before he scoffed and curled his fingers, withdrawing them from her back.

Soo-ae glances at her phone and sighs. "Eunhyuk isn't answering my messages." She turned her head to look at Dohwa. The concerned look on her face made him guilty.
"What? Did something happen?" She asked him. Dohwa turned his head to the side out of nervousness. Her expression slowly turned judgemental, as if she was impatiently waiting for his response.

He was unable to speak. "Am I weird or something? Why am I blushing? Of course, there is a clear reason." Beads of sweat started forming around his forehead. "Why have I been denying the fact that I've liked her all this time? Even weirder, why am I blushing because of something as simple as a touch?"

"Dohwa, you're... red. Are you okay?" Soo-ae's hand nearly touched his forehead when he suddenly grabbed her wrist. She was worried, but also freaked out.

Dohwa coughed. "Yeah..." His head was now facing straight towards her. "Soo-ae..." He struggled to control his mouth. "Really? Here? Now? Am I confessing?" He thought. Dohwa softly held her hand, and without much thinking, he slowly leaned towards her face.

Their lips nearly met before Soo-ae turned her head out of embarrassment. "W-what? What's with you, Dohwa?" She panicked. "Is he crazy?"

Dohwa's face turned even redder. "Ah. Sorry, my head feels weak..." He tried to make an excuse.

Soo-ae stood up. "It's getting late. I gotta go check up on Go Eunhyuk. See y—"

Dohwa held her forearm. "Wait..." He let go of her arm. "...Sorry. But it's dangerous, I should go with you."

"Ah, just don't worry about me." She awkwardly smiled. "You should get some rest, okay?" Soo-ae grabbed her wet shirt from the sink. She walked towards the door and turned the lights off. The door slightly creaked as she slowly opened it. "I'll make sure to return your shirt tomorrow," she said with a wide smile. As she turned towards the door, her expression turned into a frown. "Also... You don't know that... I like Go Eunhyuk?" she mumbled before leaving.

"I guess, it is scary to walk home alone..." She thought. "...But that'll keep him out of danger." As she walked through the hallway and down the stairs, plenty of thoughts crossed her mind. "Am I deluding? I swear he was about to kiss me." She rummaged through her backpack and grabbed the jellypop. She pointed the flip phone at herself but didn't see the +1 that she was expecting. "Oh... This is embarrassing." She took a double take at the numbers. "78?!" She looks around. "From whom...?"

The sky was now pitch black. Soo-ae had almost fallen asleep while sitting by the bus stop when a bus arrived. "This one stops near Eunhyuk house, right?" She steps inside, but hesitates. "Should I really go on a bus... right after the accident?" She glances at the confused bus driver. "But Eunhyuk."

Upon having a seat at the very front of the bus, she scanned the area behind her. "A man..." She thought as she realized it was only her and another passenger on the bus. The man had been sitting all the way in the back. He seemed to be middle-aged and was sleeping with his head fallen back. Soo-ae noticed a bottle of liquor on his hand and got nervous. Her eyes widened as she recognized the man, despite her slightly poor eyesight. Dark hair and wrinkly. He looked exactly like the man Dohwa was hiding from in the arcade.