00.1 - ALL TOO WELL

THIS IS A REWRITTEN VERSION OF
ALL TOO WELL FROM 2ND BOOKFAVORITE CRIME! BE SURE TO READTHIS ONE BEFORE THIS BOOK STARTS ^^

1 YEAR LATER

she couldn't believe it.

a year has passed.

two years since donghyuck and mark left the world.

and a year since jaemin left for another country.

she could say, a lot of things happened in these two years. most of them were bitter, and some of them are happy. a week after jaemin left, she thought that she wanted to open a cafe on her own. fortunately, jeno and renjun offered to help yet it took them months to find a suitable shop for the cafe. renjun was the one who decorated the cafe, and it was so pretty she couldn't put it into words. jeno handled the financial stuff and seulbyul worked on the menu preparation.

forget to mention, chenle and jisung did come and visit them since they were on a semester break. and of course, they made the whole cafe planning thing even more chaotic. seulbyul remembered jisung spilled a cup of tea on of renjun's drawings and... she didn't want to elaborate more.

and naeun, she aced all of her exams. she was so proud of her little niece. and naeun sometimes helped as a small waitress in the cafe, getting orders from the customers. seulbyul loved how the customers are always nice, even some of them are kinda assholes (still can't beat Renjun).

she also heard a few rumors from jisung that jeno was seeing someone. and she noticed how jeno always left the cafe an hour early every weekend and came back home late at night. and he was always on his phone, more than usual. good for him, seulbyul would love to have another pair of hands helping her in the cafe.

it felt like everything happened in a blink, like a summarization of the whole thing when she almost cried while coming up with a new recipe for the cafe and Renjun had to bring her back to the deep forest to calm herself down.

FLASHBACK

"its 2am, lim seulbyul. why the hell are you still awake?"

seulbyul scoffed at the voice, knowing who was it though the person was standing behind her. she kept working on her new recipe, ignoring his presence behind her. "leave me alone, its none of your business."

"it is." he crossed his arms, leaning his back against the wall watching her struggling with her recipes. she had been working her ass off in the kitchen for almost three days. he couldn't help but to nag at her and force her to take her meals, if he didn't speak up she wouldn't eat at all, nor take a nap.

"it is not." she muttered, and the guy sighed.

"leave me alone, renjun. you do your job and I'll do mine." she continued, making the guy pushed himself away from the wall and walk towards her.

"i am going to put a curse on your baking if you don't go to sleep right now." renjun said with a stern voice, but it never threatened her.

"they are already cursed. for some reason i just can't get the recipe right..." she looked down, staring at the dough in her hand as she slammed it on the countertop.

that was when renjun knew she was going to cry.

he bent down so that his face was leveled with hers, as he stared into her red teary eyes. she looked away, and it was enough for renjun to let out a heavy sigh.

slowly, he grabbed a tissue from the kitchen counter and handed it to her. well, that was the only thing he could do as her friend. right?

"take some rest, your eyebags are going to get heavier." his eyes were glued at the recipe when he spoke, as seulbyul tried to protest but renjun's words were louder.