Part 5

"Come on, La. We finna shoot out." I started to get up, grabbing my book bag and jacket.
"You gone wanna leave, too, Top. Shit lookin crazy downstairs." Kentrell nodded, standing up and dusting his clothes off. I looked between the two, wanting to ask how they knew eachother but deciding against it once I seen how serious Von's face was.
"Where Mel? We going home?" I asked throwing my bag over my shoulder and pushing past Von back into the day room.
"Melly downstairs. And naw, we finna go eat then go home." We made it down the stairs and the vibe was so bad. In the middle of the living room were the group of boys that was mugging Mel and Von arguing with another group of boys I hadn't seen in the party at all.
"I'll air this bitch out, y'all ain't talkin bout nothing. Fuck y'all and y'all lame ass gang!" A boy with brown and purple dreads. Another boy with grey locs jumped in his face.
"You doing too much talking, up something if you really like that." Purple hair smacked his lips.
"I ain't arguing with no nigga named Bobby, get the fuck out my face." He turned around a locked his sights on Von.
"Just the Nigga I been waiting to knock off. You pulled up to the wrong party." He reached in his hoodie pocket, but I had the 19 out of the bag faster than him or Von could up on eachother. I locked eyes with Mel from across the room. He looked proud but my stomach was in knots.
"You been waiting to knock who off?" I asked, pointing the gun towards his face, feigning confidence. Von always told me fake it till you make it. I can't even take myself serious holding a gun I don't know how anybody else does. The boy stared in disbelief.
"You gone let us walk out of here, or you gone roll out of here without a face. The choice ain't yours, it's mine." I said cocking it. The room went quiet. My legs felt like jello and I felt like I had to puke. I had been in situations like this with Dayvon before, but not with an audience like this and not with people I didn't know. I knew that the boys in Atlanta wouldn't play with me about Von, I just hoped he wouldn't cause I'm not prepared to spend my life in prison. He kept himself in a lot of shit back home, that's partially the reason that we moved, but I've had to save his ass on more than one occasion. This is different, these are people who don't know me from a can of paint.  The boy looked between me and Von for what felt like forever before he moved his hand away from his pocket. I let out a breath of air I didn't know I was holding. I looked over to see Melly going in his own pocket as he closed the distance between him and the only exit.
"I don't wanna see y'all face again or it won't be no getting away next time. Ion touch girls but I got somebody for you, bitch." The boy said, I rolled my eyes. I sent Von out in front of me so I could watch the boy just in case he tried something. I walked out of the front door backwards, still pointing the glock at his face while Mel was in front of both of us, carrying his own pistol.
"Damn, Choppa. You just let a female punk you in yo own house." Once I made it over the threshold, I ran across the yard and into the car. Von pulled off before I could get my seatbelt on good.
"He was pump faking, he would've still upped on y'all if he had his." Melly said from the back seat. Von gripped the steering wheel.
"I didn't even know that nigga ain't like me. Imma have to get to the bottom of that." As we drove, I thought about what he had called Kentrell.
"Why'd you call that boy Top?" I asked, looking over at him. His face was a mix of concern and confusion, as if the previous events hadn't left his mind yet.
"That's just what we call him. Why was you out there talking to him?" He asked in a snarky manner. I rolled my eyes and sat back in my seat.
"More like he was talking to me, I was out there first." I said, unlocking my phone. I went to Snapchat and seen all the pictures he posted of himself and the one that he took of the two of us and shook my head. It was too many viewers and new viewers. People from my hometown were sliding up like crazy, but the main one right at the top was no other than Sheyaa. I slid the messages over just a little so he couldn't see that I had opened them.

Savage_21🗡️
So this the type of timing you on?

Savage_21🗡️
You ain't even been down there a whole day yet already hoein

Savage_21🗡️
I got something for that don't even worry about it baby.

I slid out of the messages and sighed. Von looked over at me.
"What you sighing all sad and shit fa?" He asked, looking down at my phone and seeing the influx of messages.
"Damn you must've posted some nudes or sumn, why everybody blowing your shit up?" He asked, pulling into the Waffle House parking lot. Melly laughed from the backseat.
"Go ask Lil Top." He said in between his laughter. I turned around faster than a black mom in a store and tightened my lips.
"Youbettershutthefuckup!" I whispered quickly, turning back to the front just as fast. Von raised a brow before taking out his own phone and viewing my story. He looked at me and then looked in the back at Melly.
"Y'all look mighty friendly if I do say so myself." He said. He locked his phone before turning his body towards me and crossing his arms.
"What you got to say for yourself, La?" He asked, trying to hold back a grin.
"Shid, I'm high, I don't have anything to say because I just met the man. He gives me crazy vibes." Von shrugged.
"That's how you like em, tho. Besides, I ain't never heard of him being crazy. That bitch of his is a different story though so you might want to be careful." He said as he unbuckled his seatbelt. Melly hummed in agreement.
"Yeah, Jania don't play about him at all." I rolled my eyes. For a girl to be crazy about somebody you gotta be doing something to keep them acting like that.
"I don't have to do nothing, I just met the man and I definitely don't want him. He's safe from me." I said opening my door and getting out. I had already made it to the entrance before Mel and Von got out. We walked in and sat in a booth at the back. My phone was still going off with calls from Sheyaa. Four calls came in back to back before I answered without even looking at the screen.
"Damn, if I said I was done what you keep fucking with me for?" I asked. Von and Melly looked at eachother and then back to me.
"Lil mama how we done and we ain't even started yet?" I felt heat rush up my face before I turned the phone around and seen "Kentrell" on my screen.
"My bad, I thought this was somebody else."
"So you was lying, then? Anyways, I was just calling to make sure you got out good." I pursed my lips, avoiding the beginning of his statement completely.
"Yeah, I'm good. Did you leave?" I heard him talking to some one else in the background.
"I'm straight, Shawty. I went by my homeboy spot finna turn in for the night." Before I could respond, about to get off of the phone, he started to talk again.
"So wassup with you pulling guns on niggas? I knew you was different, but that shit was just crazy to see." I looked between Von and Melly. How me and Von moved wasn't something that we talked about with outsiders or eachother, really. It just was us. With the life Von leads, it's either get em or get got. Nobody expects to get upped on by a girl like me, so that why we do what we do.
"I'm not about to let nobody play in my brother face, but that's not me forreal. Only when necessary." I said, trying to explain it away. Any time I had to do something like this is made me feel so unlady like but I couldn't let anything happen to my brother.
"Naw it's cool, ma. I understand, you just a lil shooter dassal."
"Yeah..." I trailed off.
"I'm tryna see you, though. Not tonight, maybe tomorrow or whenever you can spare some time fa me." I felt those butterflies again, but they turned into moths real fast.
"Somebody told me you got a girlfriend."
"Ain't nobody name connected to mines, I wouldn't be talkin to you if it was."
"Well I heard you did and she gone spin bout you."
"You heard wrong, my Shawty. So when can I see you?" I looked at Von. He shrugged, mouthing a quick "I don't know".
"Just text me tomorrow and I'll see about you."
"Don't be playin with me, either. Goodnight, lil mama." He hung up before I could even respond back. Not long after I got a text

Kentrell
Text me when you make
It home,boo💚

I clicked off of the messages and rolled my eyes. We ordered our food.
"Now what was you saying in the car about not wanting that girl's man?" Melly asked me, laughing. I flicked him off.
"He want me."