2. DEVOTION.

((Warning! In this chapter there is VERY zalgoed text that can hurt your eyes! please tread with caution and stay safe!))

What....What the hell.... Y/n thought incredulously, What the fuck happened last night? Was it a dream?...Yes. Must have been. But it all felt so real to him, not a misty haze like a dream, Theres no way he could have encountered an alternate, those things where fake news, right?...But he could remember every part of it, the cracking, the things face, his terror....

He started to grip at his hair in stress and confusion, What the actual fuck was going on?! Did he really survive an alternate? And more importantly...It said that he was there LOVE.

Y/n started to cry again, it hurt to think, he didn't even know if he wanted to go to work again considering everything. Wait, speaking of, where IS his phone?!

Y/n jumps out his bed and searches his entire room, he double checked everything, and eventually, fell onto the floor with his hands on his face, sobbing. Why the fuck is everything going wrong? Why HIM?

He wipes away his tears and sniffs a bit, his nose becoming stuffy. Reaching out for a tissue on the nightstand, he suddenly stops.

The phone was on the nightstand.

He screams in frustration, it was right there the WHOLE TIME!- But he made SURE to check everywhere, and he knew he had definitely checked the nightstand, so how could he have missed it?

His mind started to wonder off on how it could have gotten there, but his mind immediately thought of...

He shook his head frantically, no. Dont think about it. Dont give it ANY more time in your mind. He just needed to send this stupid text to his damn boss and everything would be over with.

He started typing out the message, how could he word this so his boss wouldn't freak the fuck out at him? Unfortunately, no plausible answer came to his mind, so he immediately went with the "I'm sick" excuse.

You have- 1 new message.

Y/N's only like about his boss was that he typed fast, He didnt have to keep anxiously waiting for a text back. He put in his password and scrolled to the messages app, where he was greeted with a long tirade on how he had used up all his sick days

Aw fuck! I completely forgot I had! Fuck, FUCK!

Y/N started profusely typing apology after apology while asking for one more sick day, begging, PLEADING, He couldn't go to work today. He just couldn't. But his boss refused. And imminently, he told Y/N that if he failed to come into work today, he would be fired.

Y/N collapsed to his knees. Fired? Really? He NEEDED this job though, It was the only source of income he had. And the bills deadline where needing to get paid soon...

Y/N had found that another string of tears had fell from his face and he angrily wiped them away, fuck this job. He could always ask a friend to see if any other companies are hiring anyways.

He texted a short "I quit" and put his phone on silent. He could deal with those angry messages later, but right now? He really needed some coffee.

He walked down the stairs and stopped at the entryway of his kitchen, gulping down a lump in his throat. He tried to move his body to the coffee pot, but it wouldn't. It was frozen in fear of recounting what happened last night, with a ldeep breath and him clenching his fists, he made his first step in and immediately felt a spike of anxiety, looking around hurriedly, he runs to the counter with the coffee pot and grabbed the handle.