The Vast Emptiness

Start from the beginning

"Kinda." Ben said "I really don't want to."

"Try it." Gwen said.

Ben touched it and was in a loud frat house.

"Look it isn't my kinda scene." Gwen tells another student.

"Damn girl why go to college if you can't party?" She asked.

"Because I wanted my education." Gwen says.

"You're a intergalactic superhero and you picked an Earth College? Are you like...space dumb? Like your earth smart but is space like too advanced for you?" The vallygirl asked clearly already hammered "It's ok if you are."

Gwen grit her teeth and headed off.

"She's kinda right." Ben said "There are programs to actually learn since we are technically Plumbers."

"And you know this because?" Gwen asked.

"Because I'm waiting for Azmuth to give me the Master Control when I'm 18." Ben says "I need all the brain I can get and won't dream of setting foot on a Galvan school without unlimited access to him."

"You were planning to actually continue school?" Gwen asked sounding shocked.

"Don't sound shocked." Bellicus said.

"I took a Cerebrocrustacean entrance test under a fake name and got a 95 as Brainstorm over the Exo-Net." Ben said "I beat Albeto's score when I took the Galvan sample test but failed due to time constraints."

"Time constraints?"

"I turned into Greymatter and got through a quarter of it before I timed out and when I tried to turn into him again I turned into wildmut. Then when that finally timed out I turned into Diamondhead." Ben said "Anyway it took 5 tries before I got Greymatter again and finished but the test timed out so I just decided it's not worth it and just graduate from earth and when I get Master Control actually go."

"Ben you could have asked Azmuth, he'd probably be proud you would want to try yourself at a Galvan school." Gwen said "Why didn't you at least ask."

"Because it's cheating." Ben sighed.

Gwen touched a spot and groaned "Come on Ben using Greymatter to win a pocketpal and to further your education are completely different."

"How?" Serena and Ben asked.

"Seems like using available resources to me." Bellicus said.

"It is a advantage over others." Serena said.

"And look where not using it got him. Minus a universe and floating with the disembodied soul of his Cousin." Bellicus said.

Ben looked at the string and touched it.

Gwen's Judo tournament.

"Uh Ben I just felt a pull." Gwen says.

"I didn't." Ben said "I was thinking about one of your tournaments."

The 4 are quiet as Ben takes a deep breath "Gwen I was still on the fence when Kevin and you were still together after Aggregor. Kevin asked me to put him down if he ever turned crazy or a monster."

"When was this?!" Gwen asked.

Ben thought on the memory. It was after the sinking ship.

Kevin had stopped Ben before they could split off.

"Listen. We got lucky this time with..." Kevin said gesturing to his now human body.

"Yeah if you lost your mind we'd have been screwed." Ben said.