𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲

Start from the beginning

Swallowing the pain in the back of my throat, I had stared around the room as I didn't want to explain to my father the issues I faced with JJ. "And don't lie just because you don't want him to get into trouble." My father mentioned once again and had stared at me with his green eyes that were bright in the evening moonlight. I shrugged slightly as a yawn had taken over my face during that moment. "He confessed his love for me and now my time with him has turned into nothing. I told him that I wasn't in love with him and that I love Rafe, and he started causing issues between him and I but also Rafe." I explained nervously to my father with fear in my eyes that he would be disappointed that I had chosen Rafe over my longtime best friend. Instead, he shook his head. "JJ's going through it. I'm sorry he's putting you through some issues with Rafe and making it hard on you. I caught him the other day trying to get ahold of his dad." My father told me as he stared at me within my eyes that I shared with him. The eyes he had passed onto me. "He hasn't even told me what he's going through, dad." I said with guilt in my eyes knowing that I hurt JJ deeply.

"You know how things are for him with his dad. He went by his dad's house yesterday and his dad hit him." My father explained and put his head down in embarrassment that he wasn't there to protect JJ. It always pained him. "He may act fine but he's really struggling. I think he's taking it out on you because you're the only thing he has." My father rubbed his eyes in tiredness while he kept his left hand on Jack. Jack enjoyed the small petting that came from his owner, laying his head on my fathers lap in response to any attention given. I shook my head and felt the sadness that I had earlier towards JJ. I wanted to help him in every way that I could but I didn't want to make anything worse. "I told JJ that I hated him earlier today and nothing makes me feel worse than that. I don't even hate him." I said as I had ran my hands across my clean face after I had done my skincare routine. My father shook his head, his eyes widening in response towards me. I bit the inside of my cheek and stared at him as the tears from earlier wanted to stick into my eyes.

Laying my head onto the wooden headboard, I couldn't stop staring at my father who had fallen with defeat that he couldn't help JJ out more than he already had. "Iz, I think it's best that you talk to him when you get the chance. At least before you leave for South Carolina. Even if it isn't going to be a long trip, him being away from you will make it all worse." My father mentioned to me before he had stood up from sitting on my bed. He looked around my bedroom and stared at the photos that hung up on the wall of JJ and I. He bent down and kissed me on the top of my forehead. "You make the choices that are best for you but always remember that JJ will love you no matter what." He reminded me as he headed towards the door he came in through. I nodded my head at him before he went back into the hallway. "Love you sweetheart. Sleep good." He spoke with gentleness in his voice and closed the door behind him. Pulling myself back into my bed, I laid flat against the warm white sheets and pulled my comforter over my chest. My eyes stared at the ceiling above me, unable to stop thinking about JJ and the issues that were going on in his life that no one had known about. Painful.

It was painful to think about. Tears wanted to flood out of my eyes and I wanted to protect him as best as I could. Even though he was being aggressive to me about my boyfriend. I knew he hated Rafe and wanted to see the best for me, but it wasn't right of him to make the comments he did. The comments that distraught me and made me feel bad that I was even in a relationship. Rafe was a good man at heart. He has every opportunity to make things good between him and my friends, which he has done for the most part. Kiara finally accepted Rafe. Pope forgave him for the issues that Rafe caused him. John B became friends with Rafe and talked to him like he loved him. Sarah finally accepted her own brother as her family after years of hating him. The only one that was unable to forgive him or be thankful towards him was JJ. Rafe practically had saved JJ's life the night Barry shot him. Rafe had helped him as fast as he could because he knew I would never recover if anything happened to JJ. I just wanted JJ to like him like everyone else did.