Soccer Practice

Começar do início

"I think so too," said Scottie, blushing.

When he caught sight of her watching him, he threw the ball to his friend and swooned at Scottie, making a show of it. She burst out laughing and blushed even harder. She blew him a kiss and he fell over as he caught it. She now had tears running down her face and she was trying to wipe them away without ruining her makeup. Steve was just hanging out (he knew she practiced, so he always chose this time to come out with his friends), and Scottie was on break, so she looked around to make sure the couch wasn't watching before she bolted for the fence, jumped it, and fell into Steve's arms.

"Hey Peanut!" He said, smiling down at her.

"I missed you!"

"I know! It's been a whole day since school yesterday."

"A day is too long."

"Tell me about it. I don't know how I even survive an hour without you there."

"You should get back to your game. I like watching you play, and your buddies won't like me very much if I keep pulling you away from them."

"I'll just have to distract you during your practice then, cause I'm not leaving while you're here."

"Then I'll go," she tried to push him away.

"No!" He said, squeezing her. The harder she pushed the tighter he squeezed.

"Steve, I can't breathe!" He let her go and she laughed, taking deep breaths.

"It looks like your practice is starting again," he said, smirking.

"What? No!" She punched him then ran off to her side of the field and skidded to a stop as the last person in line. She saw him still standing there out of the corner of her eye, so she turned and stuck her tongue out at him.

"Last person in line has to pick up all the cones," said the coach with her eye on Scottie. She was a very chill coach and very good at what she did, but she teased Scottie for the fun of it, and because she couldn't get off with no punishment at all. They ran through penalty kicks again and everyone but Beth managed to shoot a goal at least once. "Very well done. I'll see you guys in a couple days for your next practice. Scottie, cones."

"Ay ay, Captain! Time me," she ran around the field and picked up all the cones as fast as she could. When she stopped by the coach she was shaking her head.

"20 seconds. Not so good."

"Damn! Sorry," she said as the coach gave her a reproving look.

"I like that Steve of yours, but don't let him get in your head too much, or he'll start messing up your game, and I don't mean just in soccer."

"Right. Thanks coach."

"My pleasure, now go make poor choices like a true teenager."

"So, what's up?" Said Lola, as Scottie ran up to her group. "Did the coach call you out?"

"Not really, but my time ain't as good."

"Steve is messing with your head."

"Shut up, he is not."

"Is too, you guys are crazy about each other."

"So, doesn't mean we can't do anything else. Plus, you don't even know, you've never had a boyfriend."

"And it's gonna stay that way."

"Mhm, we'll see about that."

"Are you guys busy today?" Asked Eden.