Page 8 - Castle Town

Start from the beginning

Magna sighed. "Alright, yeah, you're right. Good looking out, Blake."

Vanessa leaned back, crossing her arms. "It was a rather nice pocket watch. Along with how they behaved, it's likely they're either noble extremists or dissidents." She added.

Blake's eyes narrowed, and his pencil snapped as he put too much pressure on the poor device. Nobles. Should've fucking known. 

Without the device, he couldn't do anything for his sketch, leaving his wandering eyes to take glances at Vanessa's attire. 

She adorned herself in red-maroon clothing and while it may cover up much more than she usually did, it still allowed her to emphasize the places of importance. Her top had a v-shape opening, baring her cleavage and midriff. And now, the way she had her arms crossed, was pushing up and accentuating her voluptuous breasts. 

That wasn't even the worse part. What Blake couldn't take his glance away from was how snug the stockings and garter belt were around her thighs.

Her. Very. Plump. Thighs. 

Fuck, and the cuts on the side of her skirt that showed just a bit more?

Oh fuck...It's doing things...

"Well, that's up to them to figure out." Yami rose from his chair, before smiling. "Now then, I've got some good news for us."

"Ooh! Tell us! Tell us! Please!" Asta asked.

That was enough to snap Blake out of his "bewitchment".  

However, his heart stopped as he locked eyes with Noelle, staring at him with a look of disapproval but soon became a knowing grin he was familiar with.

...Being on the receiving end is not fun! Very not fun!

He subtly shook his head, mentally begging for her to be quiet. 

Thankfully, she was merciful and moved her attention to what Yami was going to announce.

Blake released a breath he hadn't realized he was holding and did the same.

"For the trio's work at Saussy village and Blake's handling of the bandits..." Yami rustled around in his pockets before revealing two 5-pointed, golden stars. "The Wizard King has recognized your efforts and given us two stars!" He spoke with pride.

"Woah! Stars!" The golden stars would never shine as brightly as Asta's eyes did sometimes, such as now.

"Hell yeah! That's how you do it!" Magna cheered.

Noelle nodded with a smile, she was all giddy on the inside.

"So, what do the stars mean?" Blake asked, sitting up from the couch and walking over to the other three.

Finral offered up an explanation. "They're an indicator, used to represent how successful a brigade is. The ones with the most stars are regarded as the best."

"So with that, it ends up as a competition between the nine brigades," Vanessa said. "There's a whole festival at the end of March to show off the rankings and who contributed the most."

"As you may have guessed, The Golden Dawn is at the top of the list so far, with 70 stars." Finral added.

Golden Dawn, that's Yuno squad... Blake turned to face Yami. "I'm afraid to ask the question, but...how many stars do we have?"

Yami chuckled. "How many do we have?" He brought the pair of stars over to a board on the wall with star markings. The golden stars floated up and covered two of them, making them disappear.