"Thank you, Pr—Josephine." I correct myself and she leans against the side of her desk looking at me. I look back at her for a second before looking away since I'm not good with eye contact, only really with Natalie.

The hall goes quiet, I look at her again and she's already looking at me. I quickly look away. I don't like that...

"So—"

"Yes...Um, well, have a good break and enjoy your Christmas. I'll see you in January." She walks around her desk to her laptop.

"You too." I say before quickly walking out of her lecture hall since it got awkward. She made it awkward not me—even though I make everything awkward. She was the one giving me a weird stare.

I get outside and stop. I slip my phone out of my pocket to check my notifications and again....nothing from Natalie, is she with Olivia—she's at work but I mean last night, I got nothing from her and I'm supposed to go home Monday, to her house.

I check the time, shes on break at this time.

I click into her contact and ring it.

I begin walking down the hall as the phone rings, I look down at the carpet floor waiting and hoping she will answer.

The call rings out and I groan.

"Come on, Natalie, please." I whisper to myself.

Maybe something happened. My heart starts racing—I'm overthinking because she isn't responding and I haven't gotten anything from her in the last day....Anything could have happened, I wouldn't be told right away since I'm hours away from her and her family barely knows of my existence.

I get up Marias number instead of Tatum's. I ring her.

I bite my nail as I begin to pace and my hands become sweaty—my legs feel slightly weak.

"Diana?" I hear Maria's voice and I let out a breath.

"Maria, thank god—have you heard from Natalie?" I ask her as I shake my other hand to relax.

"No, why, what's up?"

"I haven't heard from her in about a day and usually I get my goodnight calls and messages or good morning ones but she hasn't even texted me, so I'm just worried about her." I bite my lip waiting for a response.

"I can call over to hers—isn't she at work right now because I can call over there?"

"No no—if she's at work, leave her, maybe just check in once school finishes, please. I'm just really worried about her." I shut my hand as I continue pacing so my heart doesn't speed up too fast making me panic.

"Diana, she's definitely okay—she's Natalie and like no way did she get kidnapped or anything because she's strong...um maybe she's busy with work, may—maybe she fell asleep early last night and forgot to call—and woke up late this morning!" Maria says and I stop pacing and lean back against the wall.

"Yeah, you're probably right, thank you, Maria." I say and she hums.

"Perfecto, I'll check in with her anyway after school, I'll get her to call you."

"Okay, thank you again."

"No problem, I'll see you Monday."

"See you." I say before she hangs up. I drop my hand as I lean my head back against the wall, she knows I get worried when she doesn't check in for a few hours...it's been a day.

-Natalie's POV-

I pick up my marker before walking over and standing in front of my whiteboard. The class stays quiet as I turn around to write a title.

"Alright, so today, we will be touching on the topic—"

My classroom door opens and Malyn looks at me.

"Miss snow, sorry to interrupt but Mrs Daniels wants to see you in her office." Malyn says and I look at her for a second and she gives a kind of scared look honestly.

I close my marker putting it down on my desk. I look up as the class starts whispering staring at me, one student has a little smirk on her face.

Fuck..

A/n

I am just posting this chapter just because...Don't question it but, the uploads may become slower as I've changed it a lot and the chapters are a mess currently. I think it's fine up until like chapter seventeen which is a while away anyway so...yeah.

I also just finished watch Bloomington since I saw some comments on Nlf and OH MY DAYS the library scene had me rolling on the floor and I now understand the comments on the library chapter...

But...who knows there may be another library chapter since a lot of you are suspicious or Professor Moore, but again...That just may not be true.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a good weekend!! 💞🫶