"There's nothing wrong with him." A licensed doctor said to Toya. Toya grows concerned. "Doctor, please I don't think this is..." The doctor narrowed his eyes, his ego being insulted by Toya's persistence. "I don't have time for this, I have patients with actual problems to get to." The doctor dismissed. "Wait, can I at least get a referral to a professional?" Toya asked, harming the doctor's frail ego even more so.

"No." The doctor stated cruelly. Toya narrowed his eyes, not ready to give up. He knew the medical system well. "Could you please give me a copy of your refusal, then? I'd like to have one for my records." Akito stood by Toya's side. He wasn't quite sure why Toya wanted to get him checked out so bad, but he figured Toya knew what he was doing. Plus, he was pretty cool, that doctor basically peed his pants after Toya said that. "I..! Ugh, fine I will refer to you to a specialist. Will a neurologist do?" The rude doctor asked.

"That sounds perfect, as early as possible would be nice." Toya smiled as the doctor walked away angrily. Akito laughed, amazed at how smart Toya was. "Toya... Uhm..., Cool!" Akito stuttered. Toya frowned. "Yeah, cool." He replied. Akito grew self aware. That wasn't what he wanted to say... He felt confused. "No! Cool... Toya..." Akito repeated. He grew frustrated. Toya hugged him. "Hey, it's okay. I get what you're trying to say, my love." Toya said feeling this issue may be something more complex as the hospital debunked the possibility of it being a stroke.

The doctor walked back, a clear face of disgust as he handed Toya the papers regarding the specialist Akito was meant to see. "What's your problem?" Akito asked, regaining the ability to clearly speak. Toya found it was like an off and on switch. It perplexed him as he dragged Akito out of the hospital and back into the car. "There's no need to engage with guys like that, he just wants you to get upset." Toya said kissing Akito on the forehead from the driver's seat.

"So... Uhm..." Akito paused. "I think, there is something wrong with me..." Akito said softly. Toya nodded as he watched the road. "It's like... I can't remember things until I see them... It's all just so confusing and frustrating." Akito sighed. "And to be honest, it's kind of depressing." Akito stated. Toya held Akito's hand, keeping his other one the wheel. "Don't worry honey, everything will go back to normal soon. We will find out what's causing this and cure it." Toya reassured.

Akito smiled. "I'm not afraid. As long as I can remember you, that is more than enough." Akito said as he looked out the window. "Oh, and remember the kids too I guess, even though they are a handful... " Akito laughed. When the two arrived home Toya made the bed for Akito and put on one of his favorite movies. "I'll order pizza, you just lay down and rest" Toya said tucking Akito in. "Now that you mention it... I am kind of tired..." Akito kissed Toya on the cheek. "I love you." He said with a slight smile. "I love you too." Toya replied, a sense of hope filling his body as their meeting with the specialist would occur the next day while the kids were at school.

Thankfully, Akito and Toya lived in the city, so the specialist was with in a ten minute drive from their home. Toya ordered pizza as he set the table. He knew the kids would come home soon, and they'd appreciate the treat. He decided while he was at it, he'd call Nami's high school. He thought that having an orderly appointment made to discuss Nami's grades was better than just showing up. However, Akito was always the type of person to act before he thought when it came to things he was passionate about.

"Hello?" A woman answered the phone. "Uhm, hey, I am the parent of Nami Aoyagi. I'd like to talk with her home room teacher." Toya stated clearly. The woman sighed. "Oh... It's you. I'll redirect you." The woman said disinterested. She sounded like she was in her forties. Toya brushed off her comment as the phone went on hold. Nami's home room teacher answered. "Hello, who is this?" A much younger sounding voice asked. "Uhm, I'm sorry you must be in the middle of teaching... But, I'd like to request a meeting with you." Toya replied.

"Oh..? And you are?" She asked. "Nami Aoyagi's parent." Toya responded. The teacher went silent. "Well... If we really have to meet up, does Monday morning before school work for you? Or is that too early for people like you?" She asked. Toya composed himself at the derogatory tone. "That's fine." Toya sighed. "Good, make sure to mark your calendar." She replied hanging up. Toya rolled his eyes as he did so. An hour or so passed and the pizza arrived, apparently there was a problem with the driver's car or something. Toya didn't mind, as the kids ran through the door. The smiled as the sat at the table.

Nami hastily grabbed three slices. Toya furrowed his brow at her as she reached for another. "Let your brother eat too, I can always order another if you're still hungry." Toya said making his own plate. "Hey dad, where's dad?" Yuki asked as he grabbed some pizza for himself. Toya put two slices aside for Akito and smiled. "He's napping, it's been a long day, you know?" Toya said softly. "Long day..? Talk about it... For some reason it seemed like my teacher was angrier at me today..." Nami said taking a bite of her pizza.

"Angrier..?" Toya asked. Nami nodded. "She's a real jerk, it's like she hates specifically me for no reason." Nami sighed. Toya's eyes softened as he looked at his daughter. "That's because we have two dads." Yuki replied nonchalantly. Toya's eyes widened in guilt. "Yuki! Even if that were the case..." Nami retorted as she looked down. "I wouldn't trade my parents for the world... You guys are really the best. If that's what my teachers think then screw them." She smiled. Toya felt warm inside as he smiled.

"I think the same, though our other dad sucks at simple math problems... I can put that aside." Yuki said shyly, inheriting Akito's trait of hiding his true happiness. Toya stood up and hugged his children. "Ahh dad get off of me!" Nami retorted in typical teenage fashion. Toya immediately let go. "Sorry, I was just so happy. I'm so proud to be your father." Toya smiled. Yuki and Nami hugged him. "Yeah!" The said simultaneously. Toya hugged them back, kissing them both on the forehead.