Toya stepped out of the bathroom after taking a cold shower. He was greeted with a lovely smell. He walked onto the kitchen to see Akito at the stove. There were plates with sausage, bacon, and biscuits on them for the two of them. Toya walked closer to see Akito staring off into space at the egg in the pan as it cooked. Toya thought it looked done.

"Uhm, Akito..?" Toya questioned. Akito nearly jumped as he anxiously turned around. "Who's there..?" He yelled. He fell silent as he realized it was just Toya. "You gave me a heart attack dude." Akito sighed as he turned off the heat on the pan and placed it on his plate. "Sorry, you were just spacing out." Toya replied. Akito sighed.

"The food looks really good, thank you sweetheart." Toya smiled. Akito stood still for a moment uttering a simple, "Oh yeah..," Before he composed himself. "You're welcome, Toya." He said as the two sat down together at the table. Akito started going on some rant about something to do with recent events stated in the news. Toya smiled as Akito seemed really passionate about it, as he had been talking about it for the past couple of days.

Toya enjoyed listening to Akito talk. His voice was soothing. "Ugh, I can't believe they let that happen! ... Uhm... No sense?" Akito complained, struggling at the end there. Akito then began speaking complete gibberish. Toya seemed alerted by this. "Are you feeling okay?" Toya asked worrying his husband was suffering from a stroke. Akito seemed confused. He took a second and realized. "Oh, I'm okay don't worry!" Akito said completely normally.

Toya tilted his head. For some reason he got the vibe that Akito wasn't telling the truth. Akito changed the subject, "Have you seen Yuki's grades lately? I have never seen numbers so high!" Akito exclaimed, clearing his throat. Toya nodded. "Yeah! Not even I made grades like that." He said proudly. "His teachers are saying he's a genius, but honestly he studies and works so hard, I think that sells him short."Akito complained. "I bet you let them have it." Toya replied. "You bet I did!" Akito smiled.

"What about Nami's grades? What were they? I wasn't told." Toya asked. Akito scratched the back of his head. "Well, they weren't too great..." Akito hesitated, he knew how much Toya cared about grades. "What do you mean?" Toya asked. Akito sighed. "Her report said she was failing a couple classes... Everyday when I pick her up I can hear the whispers from the other moms... Saying it's because she has two dads." Akito said frustrated.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Toya asked concerned. "I dealt with it." Akito winked. Toya felt concerned. "Is there a reason why she's failing a couple classes? She works just as hard as Yuki, you know." Toya questioned. Akito thought for a moment. Until eventually, he lost track of his thought. He slammed his head on his hand. He couldn't seem to remember what he had just been talking about. He grew frustrated as he tried to recount the past few moments but failed to do so.

Toya gritted his teeth, not noticing Akito's forgetfulness. "Do you think that the teachers are purposefully failing Nami..?" Toya asked. Akito stood up out of his chair. "Why..?" He couldn't remember the context. Toya blinked. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked concerned. "... Yeah, just frustrated. Why would they do that to our daughter..?" Akito thought for a moment. "Wait are saying... Because they disapprove of our marriage that they'd..?" Akito finally realized what was going on. Toya silently nodded.

Akito began to head outside to the car. Toya followed. "Aren't you forgetting the keys..?" Toya asked grabbing them. "Yeah, yeah whatever we need to get to that school right now." Akito said as he wiped the snow off the windshield with his sleeve. Toya, concerned, picked up the ice scraper that Akito had placed on the ground a couple days ago. "Akito, you're going to make yourself sick." He said as he began wiping off the snow fast and more efficiently with the ice scraper. Akito sighed.

"Just get in the car, I've got it, I'll drive." Toya said, noticing something was badly wrong with Akito and opted to go to the hospital instead. While Toya was concerned for Nami, he worried Akito could still be suffering from a stroke, Akito's stress levels were apparent. Akito sighed, he wanted to drive, but he didn't want to start an argument. Toya got in the front seat and started the car. "What gives..?" Akito asked as Toya didn't move. "Akito, you're worrying me. You're not buckled." Toya said, they never drove unless everyone's safety was guaranteed.

Akito blinked. "Oh.. Right, sorry about that... There's nothing to worry about." Akito said placing his hand on Toya's cheek. Akito's own anxiety of his self awareness prevented him from wanting to admit something could be wrong. Toya didn't buy it as he headed to the hospital. His worry increased as Akito, who was typically a good driver, didn't realize that Toya was on a completely different road. "Ugh, when I get there they're going to be sorry that they ever said Nami's beautiful name!" Akito said crossing his arms.

Toya slightly smiled, finding Akito's anger in Nami's stead to be cunning. It reminded him of why he fell in love with him. How Akito stood up to Toya's father, and felt angry in Toya's stead. He hoped Akito would forgive him for bringing him to the hospital instead, he couldn't help it. Akito furrowed his brow as Toya parked. "Why are we here?" Akito asked, surprisingly nonchalantly. "I'm taking you to the hospital." Toya said as he took Akito's hand. "I'm really worried about you..." He said concerned.

Akito seemed to forget what the original purpose of their trip was. "Oh, really? Is it a checkup or something, I thought that was next month?" Akito laughed. Toya looked at him in disbelief. "Y-Yeah... A checkup." Toya gulped. He didn't like to lie to Akito, but technically he was getting Akito checked out. "You're a horrible liar." Akito replied. Toya began to grow nervous. "But... I trust you." Akito said squeezing Toya's hand. Toya smiled as he walked Akito in the hospital. Right, as long as Akito was by his side, the two could overcome any obstacle.