Conflicted: Part Two

"Listen, Adam is our unsub." Before they have a chance to question you, you continue talking. "When I walked into that hotel room, I saw someone with DID. One energy stemming from the original tells me that there is another personality attached to that person. Adam has the same energy signature as that in the room. Derek, I'm telling you, there are no two people who have the same color energy. They're all different, and Adam matches it exactly."

"As much as I believe you, and you know I do, there isn't evidence against him to bring him in."

"We can hold someone for forty-eight hours without cause."

"Bring it up to Hotch."

"Spencer," you sigh and look at your boyfriend.

"That's the thing about this job, Y/N. It needs facts and hard proof to convict someone. I believe you, you know that I do, but a court won't. PD won't. You know this. The most we can do is watch Adam and see what he does next. Maybe we can catch him in the act."

"You're saying we have to wait for someone to die to bring him in?"

"As Derek said, bring it up to Hotch."

As much as Derek and Spencer say they're on your side, they'll never truly understand what you can do because they can't experience it for themselves. They'll never be on your side one hundred percent because if they were, they'd have arrested Adam. You just hope that Hotch is more understandable than they are.

He, Emily, and JJ are looking into the victims to see if there is a connection, but they can't find any. None of the victims were gay, but Dan's girlfriend described him as being overtly sexual towards women. It caused quite a few problems in their relationship, and his friend says they were out partying prior to his death. Apparently, they overlooked the fact that he had a girlfriend.

If Dan was killed by Adam, then he must have had a partner to bring him in. Dan wouldn't have gone with another man back to the room. Both victims were big guys yet there was no signs of a struggle, so it only makes sense that Adam had a partner in all this.

A female partner.

She would seduce the men into going back to the hotel room, tied him up to have a good time, and then Adam came in to finish the job. It would explain the position and the rape. Adam treats the victims the way they treat women. It's going to be hard to get Hotch to be fully on your side, but you think you have a compelling reason why you think Adam should be taken in.

However, he murdered another man before you could even talk to Hotch about him. This time, it's at a different hotel whereas the previous two happened in the same one. It could be someone new doing it, but as soon as you walk into the room, you see Adam's energy all over the place. He's standing in the middle of the room just looking at you. This time, you can see all of him instead of only seeing his eyes like what you saw before. Maybe it's because you know Adam is the unsub or he's opening himself up more to you, but you're able to connect with him better.

"Your unsubs have changed hotels," Detective Reese Evans says.

"What can you tell us?"

"The victim's name is Carl Cade, another spring breaker. Last night, his friends saw him leave a party with a brunette in a green dress. Both had been drinking for most of the day, and he only caught a glimpse of the girl before they left the party. He found the body posed just like the others."

Dan was killed last night and Carl was killed very recently. If you had to guess, you'd put Carl's death an hour or so after leaving Hudson Street Hotel... After you'd just got done talking to Adam.

"It sounds like our theory about the partners was right," Spencer says. "A woman lures the victim back, she offers up a little kink, and then ties him up. Only this time the unsubs ventured outside of their comfort zone. They changed hotels."