𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗅𝖾𝗊𝗎𝗂𝗇 - 𝙟𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙧

Start from the beginning

"AND HE'S DOWN!"

more and more screams erupted from the crowds with most throwing insults towards the loser of the fight for losing them money.

"give a round of applause for our undefeated masked rookie, harlequin!!" the announcer standing beside the cage shouted into his mic but all he received were boos and insults from the crowd.

"why do you have a girl in the ring!?"

"obviously our guys are gonna go easy on her!"

"this isn't a fair fight, get a guy out here!"

at the mention of a girl fighting, joker's eyebrow raised and when he focused on the figure standing in the middle of the cage with their chest heaving up and down and their bandaged fists covered in blood, he was surprised to find a rather attractive woman wearing a black face mask to cover the lower part of her face.

she was dressed in a simple black sports bra and matching shorts with white sneakers which were now decorated with splatters of her opponents' blood. droplets of sweat rolled down her toned muscles and peeking out from under the waistband of her shorts was a tattoo of a spider which decorated the lower area of her stomach.

"shit, she's hot." wooin let out a low whistle while casually leaning back against the bar. joker gave his friend a side-glare before he pushed himself to his feet and shoved his way through the crowds to get a better view of what was going on. wooin chuckled at the male's actions and shook his head as he took another sip of his beer. "looks like he's already got his eyes on her." 

"ooooo, sounds like our crowds have a problem with our newest fighter!" the announcer laughed into his mic as he sauntered over to the woman in the cage and slung his arm around her shoulders. "any words?"

the h/c-haired female only silently glared at the crowds booing her before she pushed the male off her and walked to the cage's entrance where she squared to receive the water bottle and towel her friend had readied for her.

"sounds like she's keeping quiet like a real harlequin!" the announcer laughed a second time before his eyes scanned over the crowds and he tilted his head to the side. "so who will be next to fight our dear harley?"

"i will!" a hand raised from the crowd and out stepped a guy wearing a cocky grin as he cracked his knuckles. "i'll beat some manners into that bitch."

y/n's only response was a blank expression as she ignored the rude guy to take a gulp of her water - pulling her mask down and exposing her face for the few people who could see her.

joker was one of them and to say he was intrigued by the glimpse of a scar running over her lips was an understatement. he didn't know what it was about her, but he felt such curiosity towards this 'harlequin.' it's not like he'd never seen a woman fighter, - it was uncommon, yes, but not unheard of - but this woman seemed to just hypnotise him.

"shouldn't you just take your mask off?" the woman's friend standing on his tippy toes outside of the cage wore a worried expression but he only received back the half-drunk water bottle and cloth he'd given the fighter. a sigh escaped the male's lips and he fell back onto the balls of his feet with an annoyed look. "don't complain to me later if you feel like passing out because you can hardly breathe."

the woman continued to ignore her friend's concern and returned to the middle of the cage where her next opponent stood. he was much taller and bulkier than her and he wore a cocky grin on his face as he both metaphorically and physically looked down on her.

"hey, how about a little bet?" the woman's opponent questioned while he took his fighting stance opposite her. y/n remained silent and despite showing no interest in his words, the man continued. "if i win..."

"fight!"

"you show me a piece of that pretty ass of yours." he finished off his request with a disgusting smirk before lunging at the woman who very easily dodged his attack by stepping out of the way and in return, she grabbed his head and smashed it against the metal cage.

gasps of shock erupted from the crowd while others cheered for the woman who backed up a few steps to allow her opponent room to get back up.

just as the man was slowly climbing to his feet, y/n swung her leg and effortlessly landed a kick straight to his face which threw him across the floor of the ring and painted her white sneakers with even more crimson liquid.

"get up." her voice was low and demanding as she stood a few feet away from her opponent who slowly climbed back up to his feet and without wasting another moment, lunged right at her.

y/n ducked just as the man reached her and she spun on the ball of her foot before grabbing his outstretched arm and effortlessly flipping him over her body as she quickly stood back to her full height; throwing him harder into the ground.

joker was stood right beside the cage at this point and he couldn't help the way that his eyes followed the glistening beads of sweat that rolled down the woman's skin. he found himself to be completely mesmerised by the way she stood so confidently and powerfully in the middle of the ring while waiting for her opponent to get back up.

the crowds were going mental over how one of the club's strongest fighters was being effortlessly beaten by a girl and some were calling the woman out for toying with the male; telling her to just end the fight instead of playing with him.

joker found this funny. he loved how after every time she threw her opponent into the ground, she patiently waited on him getting back up. he loved how effortless she made her moves seem, and on a guy who was twice her size and build too. he loved everything that he'd seen of her so far and he wanted to see more. so much more.

this time when her opponent was back on his feet, y/n didn't wait for him. she immediately sent a right hook to his jaw then followed it up with an uppercut that sent him stumbling backwards into the corner of the cage with blood flowing down his face.

the man groaned and swayed in his spot but before he could fall, y/n fired countless punches into his face. she ignored the rowdy crowds watching her who all complained that she wasn't being fair and she directed her hits to several other parts of the man's body.

by now, her opponent was completely backed into the corner of the cage and could do nothing as y/n continued with her merciless hits. it was almost as though she were in a trance and just firing into a punching bag.

"y/n! calm down!" the woman's friend's voice was the only thing she managed to hear through her blackout and she paused in her punches. her vision focused back onto her opponent and she was shocked to find the state that she'd put him in by accident. she hadn't even meant to go that far.

the h/c-haired woman took a step back and watched as her opponent's body slumped to the ground as if he were dead - which she hoped he wasn't.

the crowds surrounding the cage had all grown silent and everyone stared in horror at the mess the woman had made.

"that's what he gets!"

after hearing one person's cheer, the crowds erupted into deafeningly loud cheers for the woman who was so far undefeated.

joker folded his arms over his chest and watched amusedly at the cheers he'd started and when his gaze flickered back to the h/c-haired woman heavily panting in the middle of the ring, his lips curled into a smirk.

"what an interesting woman."

© ; shuchiyo13 / 07 / 23

© ; shuchiyo
13 / 07 / 23