11: Anything She Says

Start from the beginning

Tim hesitated, he had never been one to complain or seem needy. "It just kind of sucked leaving Lucy today. Watching her drive to a different station. It never really hit me how much Mid had changed since she left, for me at least, until this morning." Grey nodded.

"I can understand that. I am glad to hear that you guys have reconnected, maybe more than the OP required, but I'm glad to see you happy. And, this might help, we need to go and actually meet with Chen and McConnell to get the full report on the other night. Harper and Lopez will also meet us there to keep us updated."

"Copy that, sir. Anything else?" Tim nodded.

"You'll be doing roll call in full today." Inside Tim was floored. He had helped and even lead roll, but he'd never done it on his own while Wade stood off to the side as a silent observer.

"Just like plain clothes day.." Tim muttered, while Grey laughed at him. Unsure of what tone he would take yet, Tim followed Grey out to the room. Before entering he was handed the report from the night shift and any other papers Grey had held.

Tim watched Grey stop and stand to the side, arms crossed, as he walked up to the podium. He didn't miss Nyla and Lopez clapping and cheering in the back. Lopez even had her phone out to record him.

"Alright team, quiet!" Loud and harsh, yep that was a typical Tim tone. He had gotten most of the way through the report when he thought of one last thing. "Thorsen, as you are almost through your time as a rookie, you'll be riding with me today so I can evaluate you. Presley you'll be riding with Harper." He saw Delilah open her mouth like she wanted to protest. "Problem, Officer Presley?"
She shook her head. "Okay, everyone be safe out there!" With that everyone began to disperse.

"Asshole." Nyla muttered at him as she passed. Tim couldn't stop himself from laughing.

Aaron caught up with Tim. "How do you like your gear set?"  Tim smiled and looked behind him to Delilah who was grabbing more gear for she and Nyla's shop.

"Don't worry about it, Thorsen. Ours is done." He smirked as he walked towards the shop, a confused Aaron following behind.

"So, what's the real reason we're riding together today?" Aaron asked him once they were on the streets. Tim shot him the side eye.

"What do you mean Thorsen?" Tim was not trying to get into this right now. He also didn't want his personal information around the station.

"Listen, I get it. Presley is a flirt. She doesn't care if you've got a family or a girl. I know the type, knew a bunch of them before everything. But, hey, we don't have to talk about it if you really don't want to.." Tim sighed, damnit, Thorsen was making sense and sounding wise.

"Okay, so uhh, hypothetically, how would you go about shutting her down.."  Tim prayed he wouldn't regret asking for Aaron's help. And as he laid out his thoughts and a plan to Tim, in between calls, Tim realized just how helpful Aaron was.

Halfway through shift, they pulled up to the food truck circle and to Tim's surprise, he saw Lucy sitting there with Jaclyn and Valeria.

"Umm, Ssrge, who's that with Detective Chen?" Tim gave Aaron a side glance and a smirk. That was as far as Tim got before running over to the beautiful brunette who sat with Lopez and Harper also. As soon as he ran over and took Jaclyn from Val's arms also placing a kiss on the top of Lucy's head, he didn't miss Aaron taking the empty seat right next to Valeria.

"Good afternoon, boys." Lucy smiled sweetly at both of them.

"What are you guys doing here?" Tim asked as he stood, bouncing Jaclyn in his arms as he stood by Lucy.