Chapter 31: Be Afraid of the Dark

Enrage, Groot was about to help Ork but Grey Matter pulled the walking plant into a cramp hiding place.

"Calm down, Groot. We can't just charge in blindly." Grey Matter advised, and Groot looked down in defeat. "Now, there's gotta be something in all of these junk that'll help."

The alien frog looked to his surrounding before grinning mischievously. He tore some parts from the inside computer and assembled them with a little assist from Groot. Suddenly, the watch reached its time limit and reverted Gray Matter back to Ben.

"Ugh, stupid watch." Ben complained.

Viktor tore open the computer and found both Ben and Groot. The boy quickly pocketed a device that he and Groot created before Viktor tossed them out in the open and unintentionally made contact with the Omnitrix.

Ben and Groot looked up to see Ghostfreak in front of them while holding down an unconscious Y/n.

"Soon the Earth will be mine." Ghostfreak declared. "But first, the Omnitrix or your friend will get it!"

The ghost alien aimed his claw under Y/n's neck, threatening Ben and Groot.

"You wanna be in the spotlight?" Ben stood up and aimed a small gun that he made with Groot at Ghostfreak. "How about this, freak?!"

Ghostfreak leaned closer to the weapon before laughing in mocking manner. Ben squished the trigger and fired a beam as bright as sunlight. Ghostfreak screamed in pain before dropping Y/n and fled away.

"Y/n!" Ben dashed to his aid.

"You will pay for your insolence!" Viktor bashed the ground with his electricity and blew a hole beneath them.

The boys and Groot fell out of Viktor sight. Unknown to him, Ben climbed up behind Viktor with Groot carrying the unconscious Y/n with his roots. The Omnitrix wielder spotted a steel block hanging in the air by the chain. He pulled down a nearby lever and released the block. It hit and launched Viktor to the big machine, electrocuting him till he lost his consciousness.

Y/n groaned softly before waking up, catching Ben's and Groot's attention. The walking plant released the roots around Y/n, and Ben dashed to his aid.

"You okay?" Ben asked.

"I will." Y/n replied. "What happened?"

"No time. We have to figure out a way to get up to space and help grandpa and the girls."

"Ugh, I think I saw a rocket engine nearby. Go Upgrade and we can use it."

Y/n got up on his feet and looked for the rocket engine he mentioned with Ben. As soon as they spotted it, they climbed down a railing and rushed to the engine. The Omnitrix immediately recharged and Ben transformed into Upgrade.

He merged with the engine and created a place of Y/n and Groot to sit. Once they're ready, they blasted off through the roof toward the space station. However, Upgrade found a stowaway. Outside the rocket, Viktor is dangling onto the shuttle. Ben shot a beam from his eye to stun him before giving a big strong punch that launched back to earth.

"We're here." Upgrade informed and docked with the space station. "Thank you for flying Air Upgrade."

Upgrade released himself from the shuttle and merged with Y/n as a suit with Groot on his chest to protect them from the vacuum of space. They entered the station, and they found the mummy has captured Max and the girls.

Y/n lifted his hand and Upgrade shot a beam out from his palm, pushing the mummy off of them to the airlock door. Y/n lifted his other hand, and Upgrade extended his arm to reach the airlock switch. Once the door slid open, the boys shot another beam to push the mummy and locked it inside.