Chapter 5

We headed for the nearest city after we grabbed the kids.

I had to part with my friends, which had me feeling lonely.

Then I saw a few horses and knew I was good. If anything happened they would come to me. Maybe....
I don't know anymore. This is uncomfortable.

The only one who made me feel sane was Damyan.

I saw beautiful houses, tons of them.

They were so fancy looking with an odd structure to it. The houses didn't differ from basic brick. The sky had darkened threatening to show the stars at any moment. That made seeing anyone to clearly impossible which was a good thing. The only lighting came from various stores and restaurants. People walked the streets casually talking, making me nervous. We stopped at one of the many restaurants.

"Hungry?" Damyan asked me softly, leading me in. I stared at the sign in the few moments I had and saw "Smile out Loud " from the glowing purple sign. Damyan lead the way past the counter and picked a table that was isolated. I sat next to him.

"I know I am." The one I healed sat with me. "I'm Dye. It's nice to meet you. More like, I'm glad you saved me. You have beautiful eyes by the way."

Why does everyone say that? "Well uh, mine are just cold dark brown."

"Definitely not. They're like,"He licked his lips staring at me then shook his head with a soft sigh." I can't even explain it. Seems like you can see my very soul." He smiled.

My body tingled and a voice whispered in my ear out of focus, going in and out. I couldn't even begin to comprehend it.  I tried to get rid of the disturbance in my head, by distracting myself.

The restaurant had bright lights lined on the ceiling that seemed to be miles away. The walls had a shine to it, as if the white surface had just been glossed. The tables were deep blue, while the chairs had a pattern of blue and white.

Before I could respond to Dye, a server walked to our table. She held a notepad in front of her, watching it, pen ready. "Hi my name is Stacy and I will be your server for this evening. How may I be of service?"

I looked up at the server; she put a menu in front of me(seeing as I didn't have one) then stared. I blinked uncomfortably then looked at the menu. Going to restaurants...weird. I tried to imitate what I had seen on TV before.

I'm not use to this. I want to go hide somewhere...then again, this is somewhat exciting, in a scary way. I get to order.

I focused on reading the menu not liking anything in particular. I went to the back page and saw specials noticing no pictures were presented.

Mushroom salad. Ugh. Spontaneous Deluxe. What?

Is this real food? Oooh, wait, this sounds good.

"Oh, Royal Star please." I put the menu down smiling, wondering what it could be. I love stars!

"Tytianna, are you going to pay for that?" Dontae demanded not looking away from his menu, still glaring. Wow, he even holds a grudge against the food.

Of course I can't."What? I don't have money."

"Tytianna?!" The server exclaimed clutching the note pad she had against her chest. Her eyes started to glisten as tears threatened to fall. Her flawless skin slowly turned red as she stared.

"Huh? Umm yes? Did you need something?"

"Oh no! Of course not!" She stammered out. "Forgive me. I will be here with your meal immediately." She bowed a little.