Entrance Exam

I walked out the door, waving goodbye to Izuku and Inko.  After my parents abandoned me for being quirkless when I was four, the Midoriyas took me in.  It turns out that Izuku is also quirkless, and we got along really well.  It's been six years since I started living with them.  I walked to the sidewalk, waiting for a red light.  When it came, I started walking across the street... suddenly I heard a horn and screeching tires and my vision went back.

TIMESKIP

It's been five years since I woke up in a pool of blood on the pavement.  When I did so, everyone around screamed and ran away.  Now I'm standing across the street from Izuku's house.  Five years, and I haven't gone back.  Not since I discovered my quirk.  I don't want to scare them, I'm a freak... so why am I here?  Well, the UA entrance exam is today.  I want to see if Izuku was still following his dream to be a hero.

Mika: Ready?

YN: Hold on.

Mika Shimomura.  My best friend, and crush.  After I left the Midoriya household, I met Mika and she and her mother, Izumi, took me in.  I snapped back to reality when the front door opened and Izuku came out... and ran in the opposite direction of UA.  I sighed, standing up.  I guess I can't really blame him.  He's got the heart and determination of a hero... but I don't think he could get in without a quirk.  Mika patted me on the shoulder and we started heading towards UA.

TIMESKIP

We got there early, going inside and just sitting down.  Mika was playing games on her phone, while I'd summoned Joker, having him run around the auditorium we were in to see if anyone could see him.  Mika turned to me, seeing my eyes moving around the room, and smirked.

Mika: You should probably put him away.  A lot of people are gonna be scared, this is a pretty big event.  Don't wanna terrify anyone.

I sighed and he dematerialized.

YN: Yeah yeah.  Anyways, it's about to start, so put your phone away.

Mika pouted, putting her phone away, as Present Mic came up onto the stage, and started explaining the entrance exam.  When he got to explaining the four faux villains, a boy with glasses stood up, and started complaining about how there were only three villains in the pamphlets we'd been given.  Then he spun around and pointed at someone.

???: In addition, you!  With the green hair!

I turned to where he was pointing, and it was Izuku!  I grinned, seeing him there, but the boy started to chastise him for muttering.  Damn, I'd hoped he'd gotten over that.  I sighed, yelling out.

YN: Sit down and shut up!  You're the loudest person in the room, and that's impressive seeing as Present Mic is here too!

The boy looked surprised, but sat down.  Present Mic finished explaining the exam, and we were told to go to the busses outside.  Mika and I were in different testing centers, but oh well.  I got on the bus, sitting down, only for someone else to sit across from me... someone with spiky blonde hair.

YN: Katsuki Bakugou.  It's been what, five years, right?

Bakugou turned to me, and his eyes widened.

Bakugou: YN?  Where've you been?  I thought you were dead!

I grinned, leaning back.

YN: Nope, I'm fine.  Better than ever.

Bakugou just smirked.

(Bakugou is still an asshole to Izuku, but YN always stood up to him which somewhat earned his respect.)

Bakugou: Yeah, well it's good to see you again.  Just try to keep up.  I'll see if I can make some easy points for ya, since you don't have a quirk.

YN: Trust me, I won't need it.  See you in there, Kats.

He chuckled a bit at the name as I stood up, getting off the bus.  I walked into the testing center, as Present Mic told us to go.  I ran into the city, looking for points.  I found a group of robots, and grinned sadistically as black particles started to seep off my body and Joker materialized.

YN: This is gonna be fun.

Joker darted forward, tearing the robots apart.  Shit... would UA know I was the one breaking them?  They wouldn't be able to see Joker.  I sighed, as Joker disappeared.  I focused, and Joker rematerialized, this time around me.  I ran towards the remaining robots nearby, destroying them.  I smirked, as Bakugou ran onto the street I was on.  His eyes widened, seeing me standing in the middle of a pile of destroyed robots.

Bakugou: How...

YN: Yeah, turns out I have a quirk.  Found out when I died.

Bakugou: What do you mean "when you died"?

YN: Hard to explain.  I basically have a stand.

Bakugou: You mean like in JoJo?

I nodded, and he chuckled.

Bakugou: You always loved that show.

There was a loud rumbling, and I turned around, only to be run over by a giant tread.

All Might: NO!

Midnight: Oh my god... that boy is dead...

Nezu looked horrified as the robot kept rolling.  When the tread was out of the way, they could see the crushed body of the boy.  Suddenly, black particles started to seep off of him as Bakugou ran to his side, picking him up... then the boy sat up.

All Might: He's... alive?

Bakugou: YN!  Are you ok?

I coughed, spitting out some rocks, before smiling at him.

YN: I'm good!  If anything, I'm better than I was before!  My stamina's completely restored!  Also slept weird last night, so my back was hurting, but that's fixed too!

Bakugou: But... you were dead!  You weren't breathing, there wasn't even a pulse!

YN: I know.  And THAT is what I meant... by when I died.