𝒊𝒊𝒊. 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

Majorie was calm that Monday afternoon. She was officially out of Friday night dinners with the Gilmore parents after Lorelai made the argument that Majorie was working hard on her extracurriculars and didn't need to be at the dinners. Emily relented, not truly caring as long as Rory was going. Unknown to Majorie, Richard was slightly disappointed.

Majorie laid on her forearm, her pencil sketching across the paper of her AP Literature essay. Majorie was writing about the inspirations of Zora Neal Hurston's Their Eyes Were Watching God during the Harlem Renaissance as a breeze past her hair from the door of the shop opened. Conrad and Flora – who came down after changing – looked up to the door, watching as a customer crossed the room to the African Daisies that were just in bloom and turned their eyes to Majorie.

Majorie was always like a song to them. Some sweet but melancholy song that could only be heard if you truly paid attention or if the song called to you. And in rare moments, rarer than folk songs that would pass onto generation after generation without changes in their ferocious and mesmerizing moments, one could notice that it played every moment of every day. Majorie's name even sounded like some wonderful tale of a young woman's journey into an ethereal land.

Majorie was a song only rare people ever listened to, but when heard, they won't help but fall in love.

But they knew Majorie didn't think the same way.

Majorie in her mind was nothing more than just a passing wind. And it wasn't out of insecurity or the need for attention, but the passing of the wind was marvelous in her mind. She was wind that passed by on a hot summer day that sent chills down their spines but left smiles. Not only was the wind spectacular, but it was needed and necessary.

Majorie felt needed, but not always in ways that she wanted to be.

"Hey, Marj." Conrad nudged her.

"Connie." She said as a response.

"Marj." He tapped her shoulder with his pencil.

"Yes, Conrad?"

Conrad put a hand to his heart and slumping on the desk, "She called me Conrad. I am wounded, Jo. I've been hit. Call a doctor. A medic. Someone. Not Jo, Flora. Even if she is CPR certified. Please forgive my absence. Blame Gilmore."

Marjorie let out a loud chuckle and put her pencil down, "Looks like I'm going to have to bury your body."

"There she is. Majorie Gilmore everyone!" Conrad shouted and the customer turned to them. They apologized before Conrad continued, "Okay, so I was thinking that we could go to Hartford this weekend or something and go to the bookstore and then that pizza shop we went to last time."

Flo nodded, "Uh, yes please."

"I'm up for it." She nodded before her pager rang. It was Lorelai. "I'll be right back." She left the counter and left the store. Turns out Lorelai needed coffee as soon as possible, so Lorelai bribed her with choosing the next movie for movie night. "I gotta get Miss Daisy-Hazy her coffee."

Majorie ran down towards Luke's, barging through the door and went towards the counter. However, it wasn't Luke at the counter. Instead, a boy with a red baseball cap on backwards was standing at the counter, counting bills from the register.

"JD." Majorie smiled at the boy.

The boy looked up and smiled, "Marjorie." He put the bills down, "Hey. How's it goin'?"

She shrugged playfully, "Just goin'. Where's your dad?"

"Upstairs doing whatever he does." He leaned on his forearms on the counter. "So what can I do for you?"