She sat beside her and offered an arm out. Yuna, without hesitation, buried herself into her neck and soaked Chaeryeong's shirt with her tears and snot.

"She lied to me, Chaer." Yuna whimpered, clenching onto her hoodie tightly.

The blue-haired woman hummed and rubbed her back in comforting circles. "She did it to protect you."

"She should've just told me."

Chaeryeong lifted her face and wiped her tears with her thumb, "How could she? You're her younger sister. She did it to save you from your father."

She tucked Yuna's stray hair behind her ear as she smiled through her tears, "She really loves you, Yuna."

-

-

-

Countless nights passed since she last saw Ryujin, yet her heart continued to yearn for her after everything she had done. The pain caused by Ryujin's actions was undeniable, but so was the love they shared. In the short, blissful time they had together, Yeji found it difficult to let go of the deep connection they had formed.

Yeji couldn't help but curse Ryujin for everything- brutally slaughtering her father, but also almost taking her life with the gun pressed against her head. But then her thoughts would replay all the beautiful moments they had spent together, the laughter, her touches, and the way Ryujin made her feel alive. The memories played like a bittersweet movie in her mind, leaving her heart torn between wanting to forget and wanting to hold onto what they once had.

There were nights when she found herself staring at the phone, rereading through all the documents, replaying the footage over and over again as if she wanted to ingrain the footage in her brain. Then, there were moments that she would want to reach out to her, to insult her, damn her for what she had done. But then she also just wanted to see her again.

The uncertainty and the need for answers pressed heavily on her heart, she needed to know more about Ryujin but she couldn't do it alone; she needed the support of Lia. She picked up her phone off the coffee table and called her best friend.

"Hello?"

"Hey, you busy at the moment?" Yeji asked, rubbing the back of her neck.

"I'm just studying right now, but I can talk. Are you okay?" Lia asked through the phone as she placed her pen on the table.

"Are you with Chaeryeong?"

"No, I haven't seen her since that night." The blonde replied.

"Oh..." Yeji let out, feeling guilty for causing their relationship to falter because of her. "Would you come with me over to her apartment? I want to get some answers from her."

After a brief moment of silence, Lia agreed and drove over to pick Yeji up. The car ride was quiet as they kept to themselves and lost in their thoughts. Once they arrived outside the apartment, they got out of the car and stood at the entrance.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Lia asked, searching for any hesitation on her face.

Yeji nodded, prompting them to head up to Chaeryeong's apartment. As they made their way up the stairs, nervousness started to build up inside her causing her palms to sweat profusely as Lia knocked on the door.

Before she could take a breath, the door opened with Chaeryeong's face washed with confusion and shock.

"Hey Chaer, it's been a while." Lia said to her girlfriend with a slight smile.

"Lia, Yeji... What are you guys doing here?" She asked while stuttering with her eyes darting between them.

"Could you tell us more about Ryujin? Please?" Yeji asked softly, rubbing her hands on her pants.