𝟕. 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐲

Start from the beginning

- He's not a killer. Protects us - Clary replied.

- You specifically - Jace looked at Simon. - It's kind of my thing.

- Your business?

- He means Shadowhunters - Clary said. - That's what Shadowhunters do. They protect people from demons.

- Demons, right. That makes sense, because demons run all over New York.

- That's the first right thing you said that day - Jace told Simon.

- You've only known him for five minutes... - Buffy spoke after some time was silent, seeing what Simon was saying and doing. Buffy didn't know what Dawn saw in Simon.

No one got a chance to say anything because the screen in front of them beeped. The camera switched to two policemen outside the institute.

- NYPD! - The officer shouted at the door.

- Won't they find us? - Clary asked.

- No - Jace replied. - Our shields will keep them away. And the NYPD will be doing mundane things for a few hours. Then the area will be clean.

Clary looked at the officers on the screen. Not because she hated them, but because seeing them reminded her of Luke. And she didn't want to think about Luke right now.

- What's going on? - Alec asked, rolling up his sleeves and walking over. His eyes flicked to Simon, then to an unknown blonde with beautiful green eyes, before looking at Jace. - Why is he mundane at the institute?

- The circle member followed him to get to Clary. And this is Buffy Summers, sister Dawn - Introduced the blonde Jace. Alec looked at Buffy and didn't hate her like he always did with mundanes.

- Nice to meet you Buffy. My name is Alec Lightwood - The raven-haired man introduced himself.

- Together - Buffy said with a smile.

- Okay, what's going on? - Alec asked, looking at the redhead.

- The circle kidnapped my mother - Clary said.

- Who exactly is the member of the circle and why are they trying to kill her? Simon asked.

- All we know is that the Circle led a revolt long ago. Many Shadowhunters have died. Including my father - Jace replied.

- And since the rebellion, we've been forbidden to even talk about the circle - Alec said.

- But how is that even possible? - Clary asked.

- Says a girl who didn't even know she was a Shadowhunter - Jace sneered.