𝟕. 𝐀𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐲

- Clary, we have to go - Simon said.

Clary looked at Simon.

- Simon, we think Jace can help us - Clary replied.

- What? - Simon asked in shock.

- Although I don't like Clary, and I adore you." Clary needs to discover the truth about her family, so Clary is right - Dawn agreed.

Jace, Buffy and Dawn started up the stairs while Clary pulled Simon up. Buffy was walking with Dawn so as not to lose her again.

- Come on - Clary said.

- How do we know that Mc Jaguar guy won't try...

- Mundane - Jace interrupted, turning to face him. - We do not have time.

Buffy and Dawn were waiting by the door. Jace turned and ran up the remaining stairs. Clary grabbed Simon's arm and pulled him up and opened the door and held it open for everyone to they entered. Once they had all entered, she closed the door behind her.

Jace rolled up his sleeve and pulled out the Stela. He drew a rune on his wrist while Simon stared at Clary and Dawn with a horrified expression on his face.

- Simon, I know we haven't known each other long, but you have to trust me and come with us," Dawn whispered as she placed her hand on Simon's cheek and looked into his eyes.

- I trust you, Dawn, and would give my life for you, but he seems to be on fire - Simon whispered back.

Jace grabbed Simon's hand and Simon immediately started freaking out.

- Buddy, what's going on? You're not my type, I'm not even... - Simon stopped fidgeting and slowly everything the Shadowhunters saw. Buffy started laughing at the scene.

- What? Simon said - Clary, is there a war going on that I don't know about?

- Now it is - Jace said as he continued deeper into the institute.

- And I think Mom's at the center of everything - Clary said, following Jace.

- are you coming? - Jace asked Simon.

- Yes - Simon replied, following Clary. - What is this place?

Buffy followed Jace to one of the screens as Simon took his seat. Everything from people to technology to weapons made him shudder.

- There's a lot of equipment here, what did they do, robbed a tech shop? - Simon asked.

The Summers sisters, Clary, and Simon stopped and watched as Jace turned on the cameras.

- So this cold-blooded killer will help us? - Simon asked.