Chap 8

I stared at Fauna for a long time before I concluded.

"Ok!"

"Mumei, listen. I'm serious about this. If she ever has another one of those I need you to let her hear your heart if I'm not available."

"Ok!" Fauna sighed as she sat next to me.

"You're braids are messy Mumei, let me redo them for you."

(Kronii's pov)

I sat in my office and covered my face with my hands.

(I hope I don't get many clients now.) I leaned back my chair and closed my eyes.

'We're all mafias! It's our job to take clients! And you're here wanting to reduce how much you take?!' I opened my eyes slowly as I remembered what Watson said.

(Get out of my head Watson.) I stood up and went to wash my hands. I looked in the mirror and saw my father. My panting started to come back.

"N-no!" I closed the faucet and grabbed my gun from my office. I then went back in and shot the mirror. I lowered my gun down as my panting stopped. I heard a pair of footsteps rushing in as I left the bathroom.

"Kronii?? What happened?! I heard a shot and-"

"It's nothing Mumei, I was just fixing something." Mumei went into the bathroom and then looked at me.

"You call this fixing something?" Mumei sighed and then started picking up the shards on the floor.

"Wait Mumei don't use your hands"

"It's fi- ow." Mumei's hand started to bleed as she picked up another shard. I started to slightly pant but I ignored it and stopped it. I opened my draws and rummaged through the items. I then went and bent down to Mumei's level and started to pour alcohol on the cut.

"Waa!! That hurts!!"

"I told you not to use your hands." I then grabbed some bandage wraps and started to wrap her hand. When I finished wrapping her hands I saw blood on the floor. My heart rate started to increase as I then started to pant heavily. (N-no not this again!) I started to slide against the wall and onto the floor with my hands holding onto my head. My panting grew faster. I felt Mumei pulling my body onto her with my head laying on her chest. I started to hear the sound of Mumei's heart beating as I then started to slowly calm down.

We sat in that position for a long time till I got up.

"A-ah, thanks." I started to walk to my room as Mumei followed.

"When are you going to tell me?" I stood there at the entrance of my room. (why does she want to know so badly?......)

"When the time is right, I'll tell." Mumei walked back to her room as I started to sit on my bed.

(Mumei's pov)

I started to walk back to my room with Fauna and took a look at every corner of the place while I was at it. I noticed my hand and then looked at it. My face tinted a bit red as my heart beated a bit faster. (Wait, no, why am I feeling this way? I'm not in love with her, right?.....I can't be in love with her. I will never......not after what her family did.......)