Chap 2

I hung up the phone as I then went to my shared room with Fauna.

"Mumei, you took quite long in the vault, was everything alright?"

"Yes!" Fauna chuckled at me and patted beside her on the bed. I sat next to Fauna as she then took out my hair band.

"Mumei, whenever we work here you have to be respectful and look like it too." Fauna then started to braid my hair as she kept talking.

"Fauna, have you ever been with Kronii to go to a client?"

"Yes, numerous of times"

"And when the client asks for extra time does she give it to them?"

"Unfortunately not, but, it's how her father taught her."

"Then does she always hold her breath when you were sent to check the houses of the clients?"

"Hold her breath?.....ah....that...." I turned around when Fauna finished braiding my hair.

"What do you mean 'that'?"

"I'm afraid I can't talk to you about it. It's for Miss Ouro to tell you only."

"I see."

"Fau Fau!!!" I turned my head around and saw a tall tanned girl with blonde hair. Fauna stood up and went to her.

"Waa!!! I missed you!!" The tanned girl held Fauna by the waist and kissed her. My face turned red a bit from witnessing this.

"A-ah, Mumei, could you please not tell Miss Ouro about this? I never found the right time to tell her since she's been so stressed with work lately."

"Ok!"

"Fau Fau, is she the new maid?"

"Yes." The tanned girl started to approach me.

"Hi, I'm Sana, what's yours?" The tanned girl smiled at me with a warm smile.

"I'm Mumei!"

"Hmmmm, then how about I call you Mei Mei?"

"Oki doki!"

"Ah, Sana, it's about time you returned to your room with Bae and Irys isn't it?" Sana looked at her phone.

"Waa!! You're right!!" Sana quickly rushed out the room as Fauna giggled.

"Fauna, about how many people work here?"

"Hmm, I'd give an estimate about, 120 ish"

"But the manor is a bit small for that many people isn't it?"

"Yes, but we have about 20 ish people in this manor. While the others are diverse in other manors owned by Miss Ouro."

"How long have you been working here then Fauna?"

"Ah, I've been working here ever since I was 10."

"I've been taking care of Miss Ouro since she was 7"

"So you're older?"

"I believe I'm the oldest in this manor. However I'm only 24"

"How old are you again Mumei?"

"Eh? Hmmm how old am I again?? Oh! I remember, I'm 19!"

"Mumei, don't you think you're quite young to be involved with working for a mafia?"

"Nope!"

"Well, I do have a question, how did you know that I was looking for a personal maid?"

"A-ah, well, umm, your expressions looked like a person in need of a maid, and judging by your clothes you looked like you worked for the Ouro family"

"I see, so do you know many mafias then?"

"Yes! I know all of them in this city. I know the Ouro family, the Calliope family, the Hoshimachi family, and the Watson family."

"You know your mafias then."

"Yup!"

"Then I suppose you also know who dislikes who in the mafia?"

"Yup, the Calliope has a rough past with the Hoshimachi, and the Ouros have an ongoing rough patch with the Watsons."

"Mumei, how do you know so much about them?"

"Well my family is part of the- ah never mind."

(geez, I almost blew my cover there.)

"Your family is part of what?"

"A-ah umm my family is a fan of mafias so they taught me everything"

"I see"

(phew)