𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫

Mulai dari awal

He had set the scale much higher than what I had ever expected. Throughout the month, he would bring me flowers whenever he would stop by. He wanted to be romantic in the best ways which made me feel loved. He was understanding of what had gone on throughout my life, and I became his comfort person which made me feel a sense of belonging when it came to him. I knew that he had felt the same way towards me the way that I did to him. We had a connection that no one could ever compete with. "Really?" He questioned as his large hands held against my waist while looking down at me. "Come back to my house and I'll put some aloe on your burn." I smiled and winked at him lightly before I bent down to pick up the small bag that held my sunscreen, phone, sunglasses, and shoes in. He nodded while he had dangled his keys in his hands. I pushed the tote bag onto my shoulder and followed behind him as he started to walk towards his luxurious car. The car felt wrong to even get in after the beach due to the excessive sand that had always followed people home, in crevasses and in hair. Sometimes even shoes or maybe bathing suits.

He walked to the passenger side of the car and opened the door for me. His hand tapped the bottom of my bottom, giggling to himself as I had stepped up into the luxurious car. "I'll get you back for that." I told him and laughed lightly while my denim shorts dangled against my hips. His eyes had glanced back towards the door, shutting it as he walked to the other side of the car to get inside of it. He stepped into the driver's side of the car and sat himself down into the seat. Reaching over to him, I laid my hand gently against his thigh closest to me. He pushed the car keys into the ignition and stared at the road in front of us that would lead the vehicle onto the main road once again. "I'm proud of you." I told him once again and glanced at the road that formed in front of us while he started to drive against the sand. He narrowed his eyebrows. "What do you mean by that, my love?" He asked as he stared at the road. I held onto his thigh before he moved his hand down to set itself on top of my hand. "I'm proud of who you have become and the obstacles you have overcome. Now you're going to be a dad." I reminded him and looked at him with my heart full of love towards him. He glanced at me with a large smile forming on his sunburnt face.

He had seemed as if he had never had that exact compliment before. Especially from someone he loves. I knew that he fought for his father's attention and love, but I didn't know that it was that bad to where he never received any of it. It broke my heart knowing that he didn't have anything of that source which made me want to protect him and give him everything he never had. Emotionally and physically. He described his home life as broken and unwanted, but I was hopeful that our small family together would patch up all the pain and misery he had faced. "Thank you, my love. I'm glad to have you and our baby in my life." He responded and squeezed my hand gently. I smiled and looked back out towards the road while he drove in the direction of my home that I had lived in with my parents. We sat in silence around another and enjoyed the entire ride home. Staring out at the surroundings that formed around us.

The Earth was such a beautiful place that I didn't take for granted. Being around my friends and family meant the entire world to me knowing that I was loved by them. The gentleness of the Earth had made me feel at peace in the most difficult times that surrounded me. Summer was endless in my heart. It always led me back to being happy in that moment. Nothing was ever going to stay forever but as long as summer came around every year, it brought me back to happiness.

10:30 am.

Walking around the house that was occupied, my father had been in his room to wash off the ocean water from his skin. My mother was in the kitchen as she prepared breakfast for all of us to sit around the table and enjoy during Sunday mornings. Kaia walked out of her bedroom with the adorable outfit that my mother had chosen for her the night before. Rafe sat with me in my bedroom, allowing me to rub aloe in between my palms before smearing it against his sunburnt cheeks. His hands grasped onto my body before I snuck a kiss from him while rubbing the cold product deep into his cheeks and forehead. "So what about this trip?" He asked as he opened his eyes to view me hovering over him while he sat down on the edge of my bed. I bit the inside of my mouth and finished rubbing the cold product into his skin. I laid my hands against my thighs that hugged the denim shorts I had worn over my bikini bottoms. Shrugging at the sweet boy.