Welcome to Blackthorn

Start from the beginning

Before Miel could answer, some sort of green spell flew by, missing the twins. Then a purple one flew between Keyleth and Percy.

"Is that magic?" Keyleth asked

"Move!" Miel shouted and pushed everyone to start running. As they ran, more and more magic shots of every color were being thrown at them.

"Who is that and why are they blasting at us?" Vex called

"The Shadows, we're in their domain. They probably sense strong magic from the bow and the armor" Miel explained as she blocked any shot flying at them

"I thought you said you didn't know this place!" Percy yelled in anger.

Miel didn't reply as they ran, but she did look sad for some reason

"Can you make them stop?" Keyleth asked

Miel's eyes widened and ran ahead "Uh, I rather keep running"

"Excuse me, what?" Percy called

"Well, we're bound to either lose them or get out of here if we keep running" Miel called not looking back them 'I don't want to'

"Miel! If you can make them stop, then maybe we can get out!" Vax called but he didn't get a reply, "Miel?"

"Miel!" Keyleth called. A blast then grazed by her, scaring her and almost hitting her.

Miel gasped and she shut her eyes. She didn't want to stop, but she knew her friends would get hurt if they kept running. The Shadows were relentless and will keep hunting down their targets. She knew that. But she didn't want to go back.

A blast landed in front of her making her stop. At their halt, she heard The Shadows about to blast all of them. Miel gasp as she brought up a barrier around her and her friends. The blast hit the bubble and she could hear them mumbling.

She took a deep breath and brought down the barrier.

"Miel?" Vax asked when she took a few steps towards where the blasts came from.

"Szae!" She cried, shocking her friends, "Xe ip Miel Luanguard! Szae ourulq vorv tapy afz!"

"What is she saying?" Keyleth questioned

"I think...it's Infernal" Percy muttered

"What?"

After Miel spoke, they heard gasps and muttering. Soon, the mist dispersed and people in dark clothing emerged with shocked faces. They were of any species, elves, gnomes, humans, and more, they all walked out with wide eyes staring at Miel.

"Miel Lunagaurd?" One red headed female human asked as she stepped up to Miel, "is that really you?" Miel looked hesitant but nodded her head. The girl smiled before she knelt down, followed by the rest, "the last Lunagaurd has returned!" She cheered

"Uh, Miel what is going on?" Percy asked taking a step forward

Some of them growled and stepped between Percy and Miel, pointing staffs and weapons at the four.

"No wait!" Miel called but two held her back, almost as if trying to keep her out of danger

"Uh, love, if you know them, you might want to tell them that we're with you" Vax glared at them as she pulled out his daggers.

"Stop! Stop! They're with me!" Miel called as she appeared in front of the four

The people looked at her in shock before the girl from earlier walked up to her, "Mh divh, your magic! It has grown stronger!"

"Y-yes" Miel replied and then cleared her throat, "all the walking we did, that was all of you, correct?"

"Yes, we are sorry about that, Mh divh, but you were so close to the village and we did not know it was you" a male elf replied